cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is not working!! Clear skies

Noral
Freshman

Internet is not working!! Clear skies

New to Hughes net and have had nothing but issues. Slow internet. Buffers all the time unless of course like now it’s not working at all and all the lights are turned on
13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Internet is not working!! Clear skies

@Noral 

Right now the system is under incredible strain with all of the extra traffic due to so many people being home and relying on it.  Because of this, many things will take longer to do, and streaming may be difficult.  However, you should still be able to get online and perform at least basic activities without much trouble.  

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "it's not working at all"?  Are you not able to get online in any way?  Can you not even get to something like google.com?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Noral
Freshman

Nothing is working. Absolutely nothing. I can’t get it to do anything. Netflix. Hulu. YouTube. Nothing. It buffers for a long time before I get some connection error.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@Noral wrote:
Nothing is working. Absolutely nothing. I can’t get it to do anything. Netflix. Hulu. YouTube. Nothing. It buffers for a long time before I get some connection error.

If you wish to stream videos all day I suggest you move a the city.

SaltyLady
New Poster

Same for me. I close app and clear every thing. Restart device. Helps. Also Unplug Modem wait 10 seconds Replug. Static causes problems. Replug. Traffic heavy due to Covid19 Quarantine slows everything now. Stay calm.
Noral
Freshman

If you wish to comment on my post, make sure it’s helpful advice. Save your smart aleck comments.
Noral
Freshman

I’ve been doing the same things. If it were moving slow and still showing something, I’d be alright, but nothing.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

If you are talking about my comment. I didn't mean to offend you. IMHO satelite internet will never meet most peoples needs. Streaming is a feature that will slow your internet to the point of not working.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Noral 

Are you using your HughesNet service to post here or some other form of internet access?

You keep mentioning streaming/video services, so I'm trying to clarify whether it's actually that nothing is working, as in your HughesNet is completely down and no internet access is possible, or if the issue you're experiencing is primarily with streaming/video.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Noral
Freshman

Sir I don’t know how much clearer I can get when I say absolutely nothing is working. The system keeps telling me no internet connection. I have a cellular device that also allows me to be on the internet without WiFi which is what I’m using to post here.