Internet is not working!! Clear skies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noral
Freshman

Internet is not working!! Clear skies

New to Hughes net and have had nothing but issues. Slow internet. Buffers all the time unless of course like now it’s not working at all and all the lights are turned on
13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Noral 

Right now the system is under incredible strain with all of the extra traffic due to so many people being home and relying on it.  Because of this, many things will take longer to do, and streaming may be difficult.  However, you should still be able to get online and perform at least basic activities without much trouble.  

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "it's not working at all"?  Are you not able to get online in any way?  Can you not even get to something like google.com?

Nothing is working. Absolutely nothing. I can’t get it to do anything. Netflix. Hulu. YouTube. Nothing. It buffers for a long time before I get some connection error.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@Noral wrote:
Nothing is working. Absolutely nothing. I can’t get it to do anything. Netflix. Hulu. YouTube. Nothing. It buffers for a long time before I get some connection error.

If you wish to stream videos all day I suggest you move a the city.

If you wish to comment on my post, make sure it’s helpful advice. Save your smart aleck comments.

Same for me. I close app and clear every thing. Restart device. Helps. Also Unplug Modem wait 10 seconds Replug. Static causes problems. Replug. Traffic heavy due to Covid19 Quarantine slows everything now. Stay calm.

I’ve been doing the same things. If it were moving slow and still showing something, I’d be alright, but nothing.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

If you are talking about my comment. I didn't mean to offend you. IMHO satelite internet will never meet most peoples needs. Streaming is a feature that will slow your internet to the point of not working.

GabeU

@Noral 

Are you using your HughesNet service to post here or some other form of internet access?

You keep mentioning streaming/video services, so I'm trying to clarify whether it's actually that nothing is working, as in your HughesNet is completely down and no internet access is possible, or if the issue you're experiencing is primarily with streaming/video.

Sir I don’t know how much clearer I can get when I say absolutely nothing is working. The system keeps telling me no internet connection. I have a cellular device that also allows me to be on the internet without WiFi which is what I’m using to post here.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Are any of the lights on your modem?

GabeU

@Noral wrote:
Sir I don’t know how much clearer I can get when I say absolutely nothing is working. The system keeps telling me no internet connection. I have a cellular device that also allows me to be on the internet without WiFi which is what I’m using to post here.

Thank you for that clarification.  

Preferably with a LAN cable connected device, are you able to get to this modem page ?  If so, what do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page.  Also, what do you see listed for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the lower left?

Hi Noral, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Happy to see you getting assistance from the community. I also appreciate you confirming what's happening.  

I'd like to assist you, please private message me your SAN (account number) or the associated phone number so I can run diagnostics on your site.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Noral,

Thank you for messaging me the requested info. I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site. The HughesNet equipment is online and working normally. 

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with streaming on your service. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, traffic on the HughesNet network has increased dramatically. We have adjusted the network to help improve performance during this time of increased usage, and our engineers are working around the clock to optimize the network for all our customers.

To fix the problem you are experiencing, please try the steps below.

Adjust your streaming app/device settings:

Adjust your HughesNet settings:

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!