Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Re: Internet is not working!! Clear skies

Are any of the lights on your modem?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Noral wrote:
Sir I don’t know how much clearer I can get when I say absolutely nothing is working. The system keeps telling me no internet connection. I have a cellular device that also allows me to be on the internet without WiFi which is what I’m using to post here.

Thank you for that clarification.  

Preferably with a LAN cable connected device, are you able to get to this modem page ?  If so, what do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page.  Also, what do you see listed for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the lower left?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi Noral, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Happy to see you getting assistance from the community. I also appreciate you confirming what's happening.  

I'd like to assist you, please private message me your SAN (account number) or the associated phone number so I can run diagnostics on your site.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Noral,

Thank you for messaging me the requested info. I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site. The HughesNet equipment is online and working normally. 

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with streaming on your service. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, traffic on the HughesNet network has increased dramatically. We have adjusted the network to help improve performance during this time of increased usage, and our engineers are working around the clock to optimize the network for all our customers.

To fix the problem you are experiencing, please try the steps below.

Adjust your streaming app/device settings:

Adjust your HughesNet settings:

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!