Internet never works

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL5
New Poster

Internet never works

Our internet rarely works, even if the weather is good. Most days of the week I have to take kids to library after school to finish homework, so I'm paying for Hughsnet for no reason.
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What do you mean, "rarely works"?  Is it slow, or you just cannot connect to the Internet at all? 

When you go to the System Status page (http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status), what is the number next to "State code"? 

You can cancel any time if you're unhappy with the service, though penalties apply if you're still under contract. To do that, call customer service. 

Thank you for replying, as of right now it says 11.2.1
Last week I called into customer service and the state code said weather issues. At that point it had been down for a couple days and the guy said they would credit us back data and to let them know when it came back on, as of right now has been over a week and occasionally flickers on for a few minutes. I understand if there is a bad storm or something, but where I live we have winter for several months out of the year, so does that mean we should expect no service the entire winter because there's cloud cover? The modem we have is HT2000W. Again, thank you for checking on this.

@JL5,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I apologize for the delay in response. After running diagnostics on the equipment. it appears you are no longer suffering from a weather issue. I now see that the monthly data allotment has been exceeded. On top of this, the dish has very poor alignment which in combination with throttled speeds, can cause severe slowness. In light of this, I would like to send out a technician. The technician will be re-pointing the dish and performing other preventative measures to maintain the repair. Please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match the closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian