Hughesnet Community

Internet not working, please help.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessalynHinkle

Internet not working, please help.

My service hasn’t worked since the 19th. I was told there was an outage but now when I try to connect to my WiFi it just says wrong password. My home phone doesn’t work either.
1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JessalynHinkle 

Though I don't now if this will help, try power cycling your modem.  To do so, unplug the modem at the wall outlet, wait at least a minute, then plug it back in.  Then wait at least five minutes so the modem can be fully ready, and try connecting again.  

If you have a device with which you can connect to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable, it would be a good idea to enter the WiFi settings to make sure that the WiFi connection password being used is correct.  You can get into the WiFi settings (via a LAN cable connected device) by going here and using the password "admin", without the quotes.

If this doesn't help, you may need to reset the modem, but please wait until being instructed to do so by a HughesNet rep, and then only do so using the instructions they give, as resetting the modem improperly can actually cause more harm than good.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They usually answer within a day.