Internet not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kensmother
New Poster

Internet not working

I am so frustrated!  HughesNet is the absolute worst internet service I've ever had.  My internet goes in and out constantly, but it's out more than it's in.  The lights on the modem go out when the internet goes out and I try to call HughesNet but, since my phone is through HughesNet, I can't make a call.  I can use my cell phone but that's burning through my plan minutes just getting through their voicemail.  The system can never hear my response even though I'm screaming loud enough for my neighbors to ask if something is wrong.  The service has been horrible since day one.  I was told that I'd be able to stream movies with this system or download OnDemand programming to watch later.  HA!  I can't do either one!  In one conversation with HughesNet, I was told that I'd need to upgrade to a bigger plan in order to do any streaming or downloads.  That is a direct contradiction to the sales pitch I got when I ordered the system!  When I finally got through on my cell today, their new answer was that if it's not down now, they can't fix anything.  OR, I could upgrade to their new Gen5 for about the same amount of money that I'm paying now and I'd get twice the data to use!  How am I going to use any of their data if the internet connection continues to drop off?  Oh, and I'd incur an additional 2 year commitment!  No, thanks!  I'm done!  The technician offered me free "tokens" today for additional data, too.  What part of "my internet isn't working" do you not understand?  If I can't get on the internet, I don't need tokens.  I need an internet connection that works!  I've endured this lousy internet service as long as I can.  I'm finding another internet provider ASAP!

5 REPLIES 5
kensmother
New Poster

Another piece of advice tech support gave is, when the internet is not working properly, to run a System Status check at systemcontrolcenter.com and write down the code so that they can find a fix for the problem.  Hello?!?  When the internet is down, I can't possibly run a system status!  Sure, I can use my cell phone but that won't get me to my connection.  If it does, I can't see how!  

Hello kensmother,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. The systemcontrolcenter.com site is hosted on the HughesNet modem, so you're not actually going to the internet to pull that site. That site can be accessible even if you haven't internet connectivity. I pulled up your account to address your concerns and I would like to reboot your modem before I continue running diagnostics. Please let me know when you are done using the internet so that I may reboot.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning kensmother,

I just rebooted your modem. Can you please tell me where your HughesNet modem is plugged in for power?

Is it plugged directly into:

-a wall outlet? 

-power strip?

-surge protector?

-uninterruptible power system (UPS)?

If plugged into anything other than a wall outlet, how old is that device?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

etsitty.larry1
New Poster

I call almost times, can't fix yet./ while I still on line, they hang out the phone. I use Internet Explore it come back HTTP 404 Not Found. Please check system for me. Thanks 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@etsitty.larry1

Please create a new topic in the Tech Support section to address your individual issue.