Internet not working

New Poster

Internet not working

Power light is on but nothing else.
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Internet not working

@Aminnick1987 

Preferably with a device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable, what do you see for a State Code when you go to this page?  The State Code will be in the System Summary box near the top of the page.  

Also, on the same page, what is showing for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the Wan Info box on the bottom left of the page?  

Lastly, how long has it been like this?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.1 took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

And it happened about a week ago.
Distinguished Professor III

@Aminnick1987 

If you haven't already, try power cycling your modem.  To do so, turn off your connected device, then unplug the modem from the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem).  Wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  After five minutes, turn your device back on and try to go online. 

If, after doing this, it's still the same, I'd leave the modem plugged in, and hopefully a rep will reply before the work day ends.  They'll likely want to try to run remote diagnostics, which is why it needs to remain plugged in, though, if it's still the same, they may not be able to.  That you can't access that page with a LAN cable connected device is concerning.

Edit:  I should add that, even if you see some instructions somewhere on how to do so, please DO NOT reset the modem, as this can actually cause more harm than good.  Only perform a modem reset when instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only in the manner instructed.  Power cycling the modem, however, is fine.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Aminnick1987,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for providing this info, it helps a lot; let's get you back online. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Aminnick1987,

Just following up on your account, I see the tech hasn't been able to get in contact with you to confirm an appointment. Is the number on file ending in 68 good to call? If not, please privately message me a working number so I can pass it to the tech.  

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning Aminnick1987,

Please check your e-mail, the tech isn't able to reach you by phone and has resorted to e-mail to try to confirm your site visit. If you have a better number for the tech to use, please send it privately.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Aminnick1987,

Your locally assigned dealer and I haven't heard anything from you since I created the dispatch, so I'm closing this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz