Internet service is down but no outage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rblack5
New Poster

Internet service is down but no outage

Hello: I'm confused. My service is down. When I call hugesnet customer support they tell my my gateway is in Albuquerque NM and can not connect due to a strom there, but there isn't an outgage. I've been down since 1pm and the tell me it may be a day or two, but no outage. That's crazy to me. I asked them to move me to another gateway but said they could not. Basically said nothing we can do good luck. That's not right.
11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Weather at your gateway affects service at your residence and may cause a degradation of service.  Since service and performance are not guaranteed, the best you can do is wait for the issue to be resolved.  They don't move accounts to different gateways. 

Hopefully a HughesNet rep on this site will reply to you regarding your service loss. 

rblack5 wrote:
Hello: I'm confused. My service is down. When I call hugesnet customer support they tell my my gateway is in Albuquerque NM and can not connect due to a strom there, but there isn't an outgage. I've been down since 1pm and the tell me it may be a day or two, but no outage. That's crazy to me. I asked them to move me to another gateway but said they could not. Basically said nothing we can do good luck. That's not right.

Thx for the reply. They tell me I'm the only one calling about an outage which if weather related seems unlikely but who am I to say. Thx again
maratsade

Albuquerque is under a storm warning, so others may start calling soon. The reps you talked to may not have an official outage report yet, which might be why they say there's no outage. There surely seems to be some weather, though.

I hope a rep will reply to you here. I'll tag a few. @Liz @Damian @Remy 

Good luck!

@rblack5 wrote:
Thx for the reply. They tell me I'm the only one calling about an outage which if weather related seems unlikely but who am I to say. Thx again

Hello everyone. My services is still down. Has I mentiioned it's been down since yesterday at 1pm, was told it was weather in NM however weather is better there, only cloudy no snow and I'm still down. Help!

maratsade

Hopefully a mod, like @Liz , will answer today. Hang in there! 

@rblack5 wrote:

Hello everyone. My services is still down. Has I mentiioned it's been down since yesterday at 1pm, was told it was weather in NM however weather is better there, only cloudy no snow and I'm still down. Help!

I appriciate your reply's so quicly. thank you so much. I'm not as confident has you that I will here from someone on this. Not enough people impacted it seems. I'm going to have to look at other options, services, etc. Thanks for the attempted assistance!

maratsade

Unfortunately, I can't help with your issue because I'm not an employee. 

It makes sense for you to look for other options if the HN service isn't fulfilling your needs. I still hope that a HN representative will respond to you on this site. Sometimes it takes a bit because there aren't all that many of them and they're stretched very thin. They may also be figuring out what's going on before replying to you.

You can also contact them via Facebook and Twitter (and also phone and chat).

Good luck!

@rblack5 wrote:

I appriciate your reply's so quicly. thank you so much. I'm not as confident has you that I will here from someone on this. Not enough people impacted it seems. I'm going to have to look at other options, services, etc. Thanks for the attempted assistance!

Thanks! I didn't think you were employed by Hugesnet, just a very helpfull person which I really appriciate 🙂

I've already called hughesnet couple of times yesterday and once today. Still say it's weather related with just very few people impacted so not a outage. want me to wait till tomorrow and see if better then. Unfortunelty my job is not something that will allow such a wait (Director of IT for Kaiser Permanente). I have few accounts with Hughesnet at differnt locations, first time in 5 or so years I ever had this kind of thing occured. Makes me wonder what has trully occured, eather way I have to get back to work and this isn't cutting it.

Have a good one my friend, stay safe and keep up the great customer service!! It's a refersing thing 🙂

maratsade

I can see why you'd be in a hurry. 🙂 

I really hope things get solved for you one way or another. The weather in Albuquerque seems to be OK now, though the gateway may still be trying to recover from whatever weather-related issue took place.  The northern areas of the state have a warning for snow, sleet, and ice, though. I don't know if those will mess with the signal from the satellite to the gateway.

@rblack5,

Thank you for reaching out to us I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response. Since you have already called in a few times and were informed of this, I would like to confirm this information for myself as well. Please send me a private message with the phone number associated with your account so that I can locate it and run diagnostics. I would like to try everything possible to get you back up and running. 

-Damian 

Wanted to thank Damian for getting back to me, and everyone for thier effort's. My service was restored about an hour ago from what I can tell. thx!