cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed not as advertized

Internet speed not as advertized

I just did a speed test and it isn't what hughes said it would be.  I was told the Download would be 5Mb and according to the test mine is 13.238Mb what's wrong.  Maybe they are speeding me up so I will use more bandwidth what a scheme.  Oh what sad times we live in when we get this kind of abuse from a company.  This is the test results:
Download Speed: 13238 kbps (1654.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1200 kbps (150 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 612 ms
Jitter: 32 ms

I figured we need a little humour from time to time y'all have a great day.
9 REPLIES 9
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Internet speed not as advertized

I feel your pain.

I only get 19 Mbps with my 15 Mbps plan.

Sounds like we need to escalate your case to the engineers so they can slow ya down, speed racer.

Amanda
Assistant Professor

You're regulars here and HughesNet sycophants so preferential treatment. Right Amanda?  Smiley Happy

Doesn't explain why it took about a month and a half doing many speed tests to get a recent problem fixed for me. Oh well, guess I have to try harder.  ;-P

And not the "faster speed means more data usage" thing, don't feed the paranoia Gary! Smiley Happy
Advanced Tutor

I think you guys should pay more for your service. What a rip off! Shows what happens if you hang around here long enough. You should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of the system!!!

Whoops! getting a consistent 18.2 down here on a max 10 Mbps plan, D'oh! 

(but then my Gen4 system was installed by a local, HughesNet Retailer Smiley Happy
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Assistant Professor

Most customers that get good and even great speed, and are happy, don't post here or on any of the complaint pages found on other social sites.
Tutor

Uh oh. I may be sent in for a slow down here as well. Getting 18 on my 15 Mbps plan. Thanks for all the help from the community and mods here to get my speeds above average with knowledge!

Well I can live with it the way it is so don't bother the engineers they are busy driving the train.
Assistant Professor

OK, OK I'll bite. My tests of late from Tesmy.net. Posting them because the Hughes test continues to report lower than actually getting for some reason a lot of the time. Some slow down during peak time but still pretty darn good as far as I'm concerned. Doing the happy dance!