Internet speeds?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timjwalker
New Poster

Internet speeds?

Does Hughes offer any faster internet speeds? I was promised more than what I am getting. I just started with this company not even a week ago. And my internet is slower than your basic Dial up from back in 2002. Is this all I have to look forward to?
3 REPLIES 3
cgheckman

If you have a choice, get out of the contract now! The speeds and consistency are terrible. Customer service is painfully slow. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Timjwalker 

All Gen5 plans offer the same speed.  If you're having speed issues, please perform some speed tests as outlined in these instructions, then post your testmy.net "My Results" page URL so that the test results can be looked at.  Please be sure to read the testing instructions thoroughly before running the tests and then only run them in the manner instructed, as tests that are run incorrectly will be of no value in the troubleshooting process.  Make sure to run the tests while signed into a testmy.net account that you've created.  This will allow all test results to be saved and viewed from a single page.  

By "3-5 tests during different parts of the day", that means, if you are able, run a batch of 3-5 tests in the morning, a batch of 3-5 tests in the afternoon, and a batch of 3-5 tests in the evening.  Or thereabouts.  It doesn't have to be exactly like that, but there should be a batch of tests from different parts of the day.  Please also space each test out at least five minutes from the others.  If it would make it easier, you can schedule automatic testing (on the main testmy.net page click on Automatic Speed Test) for each batch as in the following example, then click Start Automatic Test.  

Capture.jpg

Remy

Timjwalker,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy