Internet still not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ohioan
Freshman

Internet still not working

I seen that service had been restored but my modem is still not showing system light, receive or transmit. Has service been restored everywhere? I have been out since 6 or 7 pm EST last night.
15 REPLIES 15
coreyellis1
Freshman

Have you tried rebooting your modem? If not, please do so. It is not recommended that you unplug the plug that is connected directly to your hughesnet modem. Unplug it from the electrical outlet that it is plugged in. Wait about thirty seconds before plugging it back in. If this does not fix your issue then it is recommended that you contact hughesnet technical support.

Yes I have tried that. I guess I will have to call them again thank you for your info.

Good morning Ohioan,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting and indicating what you've done so far, this helps. So currently, there are no lit lights on your modem?

Can you access your System Control Center (SCC) by typing 192.168.0.1 in a web browser?

If so, please let me know your current state code. You should see the state code, a series of 3 numbers separated by periods, by mousing over the system light at the top of the SCC.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0200-0021 this is what came up when I put it is the browser I have restarted a few different times just to be sure it wasn't that, thank you

The power light is on, LAN is on and Wi-Fi is on and the last 2( LAN and Wifi) are blinking intermittently. But my lights are always flashing even when it is working I'm not sure if thats normal or not I know speeds aren't where they were when we first got service and last couple months it's been out multiple times.

Diagnostic Code: 0000-2000-0200-0029, and it shows system status is red. This is all the information I see on this page at this time it just brings up different diagonaostic codes I don't see the series of 3 numbers separated by a period. I'm also using mobile phone for service now I can't access anything if i use Wi-Fi( my modem). I'm unsure if this makes a difference. Thanks again

21.1.5 still system status is red. System light on modem is not on Still but now receive and transmit lights are on and blinking. I'm not sure what else to do. 12.7.2 and 12.3.1 transmit is down this is another code that's coming up now.11.3.1 is now coming up i don't know what is going on can anyone help. ?

Hi Ohioan,

Thank you for these details! Let's try a power cycle. We've had some customers unable to get back online after rebooting from the System Control center, but power cycling restored internet.

To power cycle the modem, please unplug its power cord from the power brick and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds before replugging. Please let me know if you're able to get online after that. Let me know which LEDs are lit and what state code you get if you're unable to connect to the internet.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

12.7.1transmit , 12.7.2 and 21.1.5 connecting to gateway is what's coming up now system status red , operational state down. I have tried the power cycle a few times but tried it again and still received the same info . And still no system light is on on the modem the transmit light comes on and off on the modem when it's off I get the 12 codes. Is the whole system still down or?? Just wondering if it's on my end since some is fixed and some are not.

Still have no internet over 24hours. 5 techs have said it is fixed, announcements said it's fixed. I have multplie codes up system light off power light is blinking after last reset which is what tech support told me to do. Anything I can do? Echo star 19

@Liz 24.1.1 sooo slow it's running finally but with terrible speeds and system,status is now Orange instead of red what do I do now?

Hi Ohioan,

If you mouse over the orange system light in the SCC, you'll see that your speed is throttled because you're subject to the Fair Access Policy. If you check your Usage Meter, you'll see that your monthly data allowance will reset in about 6 days, after which your speeds will return to normal.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

@Liz I seen you made a post about 25 minutes ago saying service is restored to all gen 5 customers? Tried unplugging for 30 seconds that didn't work again then I contacted support they said they know about the problem and it will be fixed nothing else. I still have same codes as before. 21.1.5. 21.1.4 ? I just unplugged it again still the same. Are we still down or?

I called tech support finally got a hold of someone after 30 minutes on hold and getting kicked off chat and they are telling me the problem is not resolved yet and no more explantion no estimated time . Why are some up and some not?

Hi,

This has been escalated to engineering and they are looking into this now. We'll post back once we have news to share.