Internet working bad

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schalid
Sophomore

Internet working bad

For the past several weeks when I open my browser (any) my transmit light on my router keeps going on and off. It prevents me from doing anything. It does it when there are only a couple of clouds, and cloudy skies. It always worked unless it was real heavy clouds or rain. When I try to go to any web pages they dont come up. Its getting real tiresome. Today it is cloudy, but not heavy, and no rain. I am on mobile hot sport on my phone to do this post. 

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you say on and off, do you mean blinking? The light is supposed to blink.  Is there any state code other than 0.0.0 when you access  this page? (You need to have your device connected to your HN modem to access.)

I know it blinks some, but it goes off for up to 5 secs at a time, thenthe webpages wont load.

Most of the time I cannot access that page.

my satellite signal strength is 31. Is it possible dish needs to be peaked?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can run remote diagnostics on your modem to see what may be amiss. They usually reply within a day or two. I hope this gets resolved for you quickly. 

@schalid wrote:

my satellite signal strength is 31. Is it possible dish needs to be peaked?

schalid,

Thank you for reaching out! It appears that you're correct in that we'll need to get you re-aligned! I've gone ahead and set up a technician visit for our earliest available time and date, Monday, Jul 5, 2021 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. I've made sure that all associated fees are waived to try to help out. Please let us know how this visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

schalid,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy