Invalid OpenID or Credentials.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debrock2010
Freshman

Invalid OpenID or Credentials.

I've had Hughes for 7 yrs and am somewhat happy with it.  I experience slow speeds all the time, but there isn't any other provider where I live. I have Gen 4.  I've been trying to see if it is worth it to upgrade to Gen 5 but am unable to gain access to anything.  I can log in, get my email, but everything else I get Invalid OpenID or Credentials.  I even opened another account to see if that would make a difference but **bleep** no, I get the same stupid message. I would like to have this fixed so I can see my bill and if I want to upgrade or just get rid of the internet all together.

I am extremely unimpressed with the Hughes customer website.  It is almost childish in its presentation.  There is really nothing impressing about it at all, plus it never works and when it does you have to log in on each page (so it seems).

26 REPLIES 26
Liz

Hello debrock2010,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your feedback. We certainly would like to help address this Open ID error message you're seeing so you can access your account info online. I've sent you a private message, please check it out by clicking on the private message notification in the top right corner of the community. I look forward to your reply.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I'm having the exact same problem with my website account , can you help me withe invalid id error too please!!

Good morning rsflyer,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. If informed our engineers that we have more people reporting the OID error. I've pinged them for an update on their progress. Once I have any news to share, I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I am having the same problem with accessing my account, have been unable to login with the app as well. Any help would be appreciated. Very frustrating when you can't view your bill.

As of today (7/22/17) I am getting the message when I'm trying to sign in to my account -- my email login is okay, so far --- but the rest is not.  The message: "Invalid OpenID or Credentials."

Please let me know when this if fixed; thank you!

Hi 0rangeGal,

Thanks for speaking up. I will notify our engineers. Are you saying that before 7/22, you did not see the OID error before in the Support Center?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Yes, before 7/22 I was not seeing the Invalid OpenID or Credentials.  However, as of yesterday [Sun. 23rd], and today--so far,  the Invalid OpenID or Credentials is not appearing.  In other words, my account pages are showing normally.  Even so, if the engineers would look into my account just to make sure that it won't happen again.  Alright, I look forward to your reply.  Thank you!

Thanks for this update, 0rangeGal, I will let them know of this behavior.

7/25/2017. I have the same issue. Cannot get into my account. This is not fixed for everyone.

Not sure this if this is going to help anyone, but it's possible some of this is browser-related:

1. Site has a new cert that just started 16 July - if you're able to check that cert in your browser (via the lock symbol in the address bar), make sure it's from Lithium Technologies and is valid between 16 Jul 2017 and 13 Dec 2017. If it's not, that's a problem.

2. There's about 46 different cookies associated with hughesnet.com, any one of which may be a cached version that may no longer apply, but is being used as validation: if know how to do so, just delete all of them before the next step. Different browsers do this differently, so if you don't know, tell me which browser your're using myself or someone else will be able to help guide you.

3. There may be older versions of css and javascript files that also may be "stuck" for whatever reason locally in your browser's cache, so after you delete the cookies (above): restart your browser, go to community.hughesnet.com. After it's finished loading, do a shift-refresh to ensure it grabs the latest version of everything.

There's a lot here and I tend to be real brief, so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

"Invalid OpenID or Credentials" over here also; I really need to access one of my email accounts under the "profile" menu... any chance of a fix before 2018?

I am also having the same issue. I would like to use a token but can't get to it.

Good morning Crushing,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Instead of trying to use your token via the Support Center, are you able to do it via the downloadable Usage Meter?

I'm having the same trouble that started this morning 8/24/2017. I can't go in and manage my profile or emails.

Hi mitchh,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'll notify our engineers. So before this morning, you were able to log in and view your account information just fine, no error?

Please also check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Liz

Hi debrock2010,

Thank you for your patience. I was informed that this error should be addressed tonight or next Tuesday. I'll follow up with the team next week to confirm the rollout for the fix, then check with you to see if you're able to access your account information in the Support Center without that OID error.

Good morning debrock2010,

Thank you for your patience as we continue working to address your concerns. We rolled out an update to address the error in the Support Center, but we were getting feedback that the update did not resolve the error. The engineers are still currently investigating. Once there's any news to share, we'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hello Liz,

I am having the same issue. I've been trying to access my billing information, but all I can see when I log in is an "Invalid OpenID" message. I need this fixed so I can see my account details.

I also tried calling customer support, but the automated line enters a loop and won't process the the account phone number.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To get more visibility for your issue, you may want to start a new topic.

Im having this same problem and am at the point of wanting to cancel the service. Im on my third call to customer service....