Hughesnet Community

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "usage" tab in My Dashboard.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dessertrich

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "usage" tab in My Dashboard.

Viewing my data usage used to be a very useful tool until it stopped working several months ago. Hughesnet has no idea how to fix it. They only suggest clearing out cookies and or trying another browser. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox and the dreaded Windows Internet Explorer and all fail to display data usage numbers. I have tried to access from several computers that use different Windows operating systems and all fail. 

I'm sick of getting the run-around from Hughesnet. Has anyone been able to fix this problem? Does Usage work for anyone in My Dashboard?
13 REPLIES 13
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Works OK here. (Gen4 HT1100)
penelop_80

doesn't and haven't worked for me in awhile
Amanda

Hello!

If you have the HN9000 modem, we are aware of customers who are unable to check their data usage. A fix has already been tested and is coming very soon, however I do not have an exact date. I can update you when I know.

Thanks
Amanda
dessertrich

Amanda,

Yes I have the HN9000.  I'm glad to hear that there's a fix in the works. 

Will I get some sort of a notice to download something or would the fix all occur on your end?

R
Amanda

Hi 

The fix is going to come in a form of a website update to our Support Center/My Dashboard webpages. I will see if someone on that team can get me an ETA on the release of that.

Thanks
Amanda
vholley77

open your browser (any will do) and type 192.168.0.1.  works for me every time. Hope this helps

T. Holley
John Estes Gamb

HughesNet is continuing to tell me why my data is accumulating is because of usage I am not paying attention to ... another words I am lying my ass off. First and foremost no one has ever public ally accused me of a thing. I have requested a reconciliation of my account through the State of Vermont Consumers affairs Dep of the States Attorneys Office. I will not pay my my next bill that will b due 01 Jul 16 pending investigation of of my claim on my account. If HughesNet wants a fight, I'll give'm one.
Amanda

Hello John,

We've forked your comment into a new post to better assist you! Thanks - Amanda

Please reference the new conversation here: Usage concerns
Amanda

Hi

Just an update. We are hearing the fix for this should be arriving on July 10th. I will check in then to see if the issue has been resolved.

Thank you very much!
Amanda
dessertrich

My problem has been solved and I'm very pleased. No, I still cannot access usage data from My Dashboard, but it's now irrelevant. 

I now have FairPoint DSL. The speed is 15 times what Hughesnet has to offer,  and there are NO caps on data usage. All for virtually the same monthly cost. 

Thank you Hughesnet for providing a good stop-gap service that freed me from dial-up internet while I waited for actual high-speed internet to arrive in my (rural) area. I do hope that as your customer base shrinks, you are able to continue to offer service to those on the road, or in the most remote areas. Your service is better than dial-up, so surely there are still those that need it. I hope that changes for everyone in the next few years. Until then, your service is the "okayest" option for those still left out of the high-speed internet loop.
Liz

Thanks for posting back, Extremely Private, enjoy your new ISP!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

royglover

July 15th and still no fix ?
Amanda

Hi Roy,
Unfortunately this had to be pushed to 7/24/15. I will keep you updated.

Thanks
Amanda