cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having a problem with downloading the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632)?

Highlighted

Re: Is anyone else having a problem with downloading the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632)?

any download takes looonngg time
my test said my service 87% of the users rate higher than mine
Highlighted

Re: Is anyone else having a problem with downloading the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632)?

Hello alclarkefletcherfarm381n

I replied to your post trying to get started on helping you here: https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/test-my-system

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted

Amanda, why has my speeds on my windows laptop, IPHONES and android devices slowed even more since "trying " the 50/50 package that you suggested would have better service? I Still can't update IOS and verify. Music buffers more and what little video clips that I look at does also. This is happening all day and late into night. I have asked for you to reply to me but have not heard from you since I started the 50/50 plan. Also my phone service has gotten worse, with dropped calls and people not being able to hear me!!!! It is pretty much useless!! I constantly reboot my modem but doesn't help.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

any download takes looonngg time
my test said my service 87% of the users rate higher than mine
The speed of the service and the problem of my slow Microsoft Update downloads were/are wholly unrelated. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Is anyone else having a problem with downloading the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 16

Hope this isn't repetitious but I didn't read all the posts.  Hughesnet is a "metered" connection.  Microsoft in their wisdome decided not to use up all our minutes so downloads are glacial during except during "bonus" time.  I tried to update at 3:30 AM and it went very quickly.  

Highlighted

Re: Is anyone else having a problem with downloading the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 16

@mikea98092 wrote:

Hope this isn't repetitious but I didn't read all the posts.  Hughesnet is a "metered" connection.  Microsoft in their wisdome decided not to use up all our minutes so downloads are glacial during except during "bonus" time.  I tried to update at 3:30 AM and it went very quickly.  

The problem I was experiencing had nothing to do with the time it was downloaded.  I also don't quite understand what you are referring to when saying "downloads are glacial".

And Microsoft downloads have nothing to do with Hughesnet having a cap.  They allow people to set their systems to metered in WiFi (and LAN in the Creators Update), but they don't automatically know when a user has a capped service or not.  They don't cater to individual ISPs.  They don't step back their servers' throughput during the day and open it full during the night.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

" I also don't quite understand what you are referring to when saying "downloads are glacial"."

I think he means the pace is glacial -- super slow. The Windows updates sure do appear slow to me, but this may just be my perception.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

"And Microsoft downloads have nothing to do with Hughesnet having a cap.  They allow people to set their systems to metered in WiFi (and LAN in the Creators Update), but they don't automatically know when a user has a capped service or not.  They don't cater to individual ISPs.  They don't step back their servers' throuput during the day and open it full during the night."

True dat. Smiley Happy

The metered/LAN setting is for people with slower connections, metered connections, dial-up and such, right?  I tried the metered setting and didn't care for it at all.  I kept getting messages from apps (including the anti-virus)that couldn't update because of the setting. It was annoying.

Highlighted

@maratsade wrote:

" I also don't quite understand what you are referring to when saying "downloads are glacial"."

I think he means the pace is glacial -- super slow. The Windows updates sure do appear slow to me, but this may just be my perception.

Ah, that could be it.  

@maratsade wrote:

The metered/LAN setting is for people with slower connections, metered connections, dial-up and such, right?

The metered connection is for people that have an ISP that has a capped data amount.  It's a way to stop some things from automatically updating and using your data willy nilly, which can wreak all kinds of havoc if one is nearly out of data.  It's also advantageous to those who pay according to the amount of data they use, though that's not as common these days, at least not in the USA.  And it also could be advantageous for those with slower connections, so that way all of their bandwidth isn't being sucked up by something trying to update, though I think with dialup it wouldn't make much of a difference, as simply being online with that just about uses all of your bandwidth, anyway.  LOL.  Smiley Happy  But, it's mostly to deal with capped ISPs.   

Highlighted
Sophomore

The Creator update supports setting LAN as metered out of the box? I think that is reason enough for me to download it!

I have been diving deep into the registry to set ethernet as a metered connection.. every update I manually installed would change it back.

Maybe Microsoft is finally listening...