cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it HughesNet or My Router?

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Is it HughesNet or My Router?

@monicakm 

Just in case, if you don't have another computer with which you can connect to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable that you can use to double check the SCC loading time, a WiFi connectible device would be alright, but make sure you're connecting it via the HughesNet modem's WiFi, NOT the Netgear router's WiFi.  You indicated that the Netgear router is turned off, but make sure that its LAN cable is also disconnected from the HughesNet modem, if it's not already.  

If you do use a WiFi connected device to double check the SCC loading issue, you'll need to re-enable the HughesNet modem's WiFi that you had previously disabled, and you'll need to re-enable it via the LAN cable connected computer.  

If, while double checking with the second device, you're still seeing the SCC loading problem, there's almost assuredly a problem with your modem, as that shouldn't be happening, and especially not with two different devices.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

@GabeU 

@Liz

Gaaabe!  You told me the test I did last night would be the sign I needed to know if it was Netgear or Hughesnet.  No, I don't have another computer and I'm really over all the slooooooow time, terrible backache, sleepless nights and anxiety and ignoring everything else in my life to work on this.  

Yes, I said the Netgear router was off.  I also said it was in no way connected to the modem.  HN modem was connected directly to my computer (as you suggested).

The HN radios are already reconnected.  I did that last night before I started yet another long night of troubleshooting.  I appreciate all your help but I am going to pass on all the extra steps you suggested today.  

According to HN/Liz, there are no trees or **bleep** the SCC as you said this test was ONLY for the SCC and if it was still slow, something is very wrong.  All this doesn't sound like it would take too long of a time, right?  Well when your browser is taking 12 or MORE seconds to even connect to a page and as much as a minute or more to fully load, it makes for long long troubleshooting.  I'm over it.  I've done everything I've been asked to do.  

I'm ready for a technician to arrive with a new modem and to check other aspects of my HN equipment.  Maybe I don't need a new modem but SOMETHING needs attention.

If I don't hear from HN today telling me someone has been ok'd to come out and have a date and time ready for me to accept, I'll be calling HN president's office.  I  have worked with not only Liz and you but also Damian and have been over backwards to be accepting of everyone's ideas and suggestions. I'm finished (sigh).  No hard feelings, I just can't do this anymore.

Senior

BTW, my contract with HN is over.  It was over in April.  There is a Community Internet Provider in Wills Point TX that I'm hearing good things about.  I've been dealing with this probably a month and it's just getting worse with time.  Think I'll give them a call and get someone out here to give me a price.

@monicakm wrote:

@GabeU 

@Liz

Gaaabe!  You told me the test I did last night would be the sign I needed to know if it was Netgear or Hughesnet.   

That's true, but I just wanted to rule out the very remote possibility that the slow SCC page opening wasn't as a result of a bad network card in your desktop.  And I only wanted to do so due to having never seen this issue before.  Not once.  And I don't mean myself, but on here or even social media.  It's the very first time I've ever heard of this happening.  But, with that said, if you've already seen the same thing with other devices, as in slow SCC loading, you don't need to test anything else regarding this, and something goofy is going on with that modem, as that SCC should load nearly instantly.  It can take a few seconds sometimes for it to start, but once it starts it shoud finish in practically no time.  When I click to open my SCC from a shortcut in my browser, it opens in 0.60 seconds.  If Liz hasn't seen this (the SCC loading issue), she should definitely be made aware of it, so I'll tag her, just in case.  @Liz 

I apologize for frustrating you.  That was not my intention. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Oh, I know.  It's not your fault that I punched a hole  in the wall and broke the window and then had to go to the ER for a shot in my back from sitting at the comupter too long.  That's all on me Smiley Wink  On another note, did you just get a PM from me?  I don't see it under Private Messages.

@monicakm wrote:

On another note, did you just get a PM from me?  I don't see it under Private Messages.

Yep.  I got it.  I replied.  Smiley Happy  

Hi Monica,

Thanks for the pings, all.

About the SCC, let's try this:

1. Type only 192.168.0.1 into the browser and let us know how that loads for you.

2. If the above loads slowly, please try 192.168.42.1 and let me know how that loads.

3. If either of the above loads slowly, flush the DNS on whatever device you're using to access those sites.

4. If either of the sites load slowly after flushing the DNS, let me know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Senior

Thanks Liz.  I've been gone all day and most the night so I'm just getting back to this.  Happy to say that things are mucho improved tonight.  I don't know what knobs got turned or switches got flipped on the HughesNet side but thank you Smiley Happy

SCC page is loading back to normal, browsing is back to normal but the most important improvement is that 

my Google Home devices are speaking to me again! Smiley Happy

Good morning monicakm,

That's good to hear. Did you even try any of the suggested steps in my last post before noticing everything was back to normal? As far as I know, we haven't done anything to your site specifically for your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning Monica, 

Our engineers would like you to power cycle your HughesNet modem today, before your site visit this afternoon, if possible. Please unplug the modem's power cable from its brick and wait at least 30 seconds before plugging it it. Please let me know once you've done this so I can let engineering know.

Thanks,
Liz