cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable wifi of generation 5 router HT2000W?

Freshman

Is it possible to disable wifi of generation 5 router HT2000W?

I posted yesterday about how I used all 20G of my monthly data in a few hours. It turned out to be because my AT&T Direct TV was connected to my Wi-Fi network. So I called AT&T and was walked though the process of disconnecting, but today it reconnected all by itself. Fortunately I have cancelled all the series recordings on Direct TV and I did not lose any of my 5G token.

So my question is:

Is there a way to disable the Wi-Fi feature of the HT2000W router and have it only connect through Ethernet cable?

2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor

Re: Is it possible to disable wifi of generation 5 router HT2000W?

Yes, you can disable the Wifi on your HT2000w if you want, however, this will trigger a statecode of 14.2.1 which is just saying "the wireless radios are turned off".  It won't be detrimental to your service.

1: Visit http://192.168.0.1 in your browser.
2: Click Wifi Settings on the left hand side, this will either take you to a new page, or open a new window.
3: You will be prompted to enter a password, the default password is admin
4: Click on Advanced Setup on the left
5: Click on Wireless on the left
6: Uncheck both Frequency Band options, and click save.
7: Reboot your modem by disconnecting power at the wall.

Assistant Professor

Re: Is it possible to disable wifi of generation 5 router HT2000W?

Yes. Go into your WiFi settings. And do one or both of these:

1. From the Home menu, select each of the four Wifi tabs indicated by the arrow and uncheck the SSID Enable checkbox for each.Untitled 2.jpeg

2. (Preferrable) From the Advanced Setup -> WIRELESS menu, uncheck both the 2.4GHz Frequency Band and the 5GHZ Frequency band checkboxes.Untitled.jpeg

You may have to reboot the Wifi router afterwards:

3. From the Adminstration -> Reboot menu, simply click the Reboot button indicated by the arrow below.Untitled 3.jpeg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.