Hughesnet Community

Is it possible to successfully configure Gen5 and PS4 for online gaming? If so, how to please?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girraffes53

Is it possible to successfully configure Gen5 and PS4 for online gaming? If so, how to please?

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@girraffes53

Are you having an issue connecting your PS4 via HughesNet?  

Regarding actually being able to play games, any games that require quick movements will not work properly due to the latency (lag) inherent to satelilite internet.  

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Hi @girraffes53

I have PS4 and occasionally connect it to my Gen 5 (HT2000w).

It's very simple to connect the game console to your modem (I'm merely assuming you have the HT2000W modem)...

Here is a direct link from the PS4 manual & user guide that will walk you through the steps of connecting your game console to your wifi..

PS4 Manual & User Guide (Connecting To the Internet)

Once you are connected, you can sign into your PSN account, purchase/download games, ect...directly from your console.

Please keep in mind though that connecting your PS4 specifically for online play uses a considerable amount of data..

Downloading games and or using your console to stream other video content will also impact your data significantly.

Personally, I keep my PS4 disconnected most of the time..(I have it set up so that is does NOT connect automatically, which you can do from your settings) and play most games offline.

p.s I'm currently playing Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, hahahaha...(my boys bought it for me), and I've been stuck on the one level called Slippery When Wet for WEEKS now. grrrrr Smiley Tongue