Hughesnet Community

Is system down? In Florida, sunny skies.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lab-Lover

Is system down? In Florida, sunny skies.

My husband called. I have to stay in Miami for a few days. He is at home, he said the system is down and not working. We have not left Hughes net yet, we have a few days left in our billing cycle. We are not throttled, he checked. He showed me a pic of the screen, I need to crop out my San nimber and then will send. In comments
19 REPLIES 19
Lab-Lover

First image
Liz

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting. Looks like there currently is an outage at your gateway due to bad weather conditions, which is probably why there's no connectivity at the moment. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Hopefully the storm will blow over soon.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Lab-Lover

Ok, even though we are sunny? The closest storms are maybe 40 miles away? Thx.
Liz

Yes, while the weather where your dish is can affect service, so does the gateway where your data passes through also matters.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Kim,

Your gateway isn't tied to where you live.  It could be anywhere.  I live in Western NY state, yet my gateway is in Billings, MT. 

GabeU

BTW, how are you doing? 
Lab-Lover

Thank you very much. One more thing I have learned today from this community.... I have said it before, and I will say it again, thank you very much for the education. Knowledge never hurt anyone. Kim
Liz

You're very welcome, Kim.

I checked to see if the outage has been restored and it has, so your internet should be back to normal now. 🙂

-Liz

Lab-Lover

Thanks for your explanation Gabe, I had no idea about the gateway. How would I find out where my gateway is? For curiosity sake?
I am doing OK, long story, but as I weaned down from steroid, I was on a Med that I was apparently allergic too. (Bactrim- add it to the list!). So, my mouth felt funny, and it felt like it was getting smaller? I increased the steroid back up, it went away. So... Went to Miami, and they are weaning me off, and sure enough, if I had not been on steroid, it could have been an anacephalic reaction. Basically, the reaction you get when you are seriously allergic and you stop breathing. So... Scary, but I have been down this road before... Like I said below, knowledge never hurt anyone and I knew something was wrong! I can tell you though, hospitals do not like you coming back a second time thru their ER department, after you have been admitted once! You kind of get the red carpet treatment! Haha. Oh well. Hopefully will be here only a few days. Kim
Lab-Lover

Thanks, yes, apparently it must be working since my husband has not called back!!. I think I have spoiled him, I need to teach him to do a few things! Like learn about the computer, call the dr, etc. But... He does a great job w the laundry! Seriously!!! Kim
Liz

Your gateway is in Flagstaff, AZ.

-Liz

GabeU

Eek!  Glad you got there in time, though, and they were able to get you on the road back to normal.  It's also good that you had the steroid to help with the swelling.  I've had luck in not being allergic to anything, save Clindamycin, and that just produces hives.  I hope that you stay on the road to recovery and everything gets better soon.  I know that being in a hospital is no fun at all.    

Does that red carpet treatment include Lobster and Dom Perignon?  No?  It should.  LOL.   

Lab-Lover

Flagstaff! Fascinating!! Gabe, hahaha... Yea, NO. I wish it was lobster, but, that would trigger the iodine allergy! Haha. Now, I don't believe I am allergic to champagne... But, hey, maybe I should test it out since I am here anyway? I mean, I am in the right place if I have a reaction? And, I think I should probably be safe and drink multiple glasses!? Haha
GabeU

Yep.  The perfect place.  LOL. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hi kim,
Glad you are on the road to recovery.

For a closer look at the beam/gateway architecture see my topic here:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hug...
Lab-Lover

I found this fascinating! It is kind of like a puzzle, or a "code"! I Would assume that all satellites, whatever their purpose, would have a similar architecture? They may use different terms or names... But they do the same thing? Or maybe they use the same names?
thanks very much. This was very helpful.
Lab-Lover

I was kind of bummed the shak website was removed though!? I wanted to share this info w somebody not on hughesnet, to explain how it works. Thanks again VERY MUCH! I will miss the knowledge that is so easily shared on this community!!
GabeU

I will miss the knowledge that is so easily shared on this community!!
Are you leaving us? 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Kim,
Rick decided to shut down the Shack because so few people were interested in what we had to offer, procedures and information.