cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is system down? In Florida, sunny skies.

Is system down? In Florida, sunny skies.

My husband called. I have to stay in Miami for a few days. He is at home, he said the system is down and not working. We have not left Hughes net yet, we have a few days left in our billing cycle. We are not throttled, he checked. He showed me a pic of the screen, I need to crop out my San nimber and then will send. In comments
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Is system down? In Florida, sunny skies.

First image

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting. Looks like there currently is an outage at your gateway due to bad weather conditions, which is probably why there's no connectivity at the moment. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Hopefully the storm will blow over soon.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Ok, even though we are sunny? The closest storms are maybe 40 miles away? Thx.

Yes, while the weather where your dish is can affect service, so does the gateway where your data passes through also matters.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor IV

Kim,

Your gateway isn't tied to where you live.  It could be anywhere.  I live in Western NY state, yet my gateway is in Billings, MT. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

BTW, how are you doing? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thank you very much. One more thing I have learned today from this community.... I have said it before, and I will say it again, thank you very much for the education. Knowledge never hurt anyone. Kim

You're very welcome, Kim.

I checked to see if the outage has been restored and it has, so your internet should be back to normal now. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks for your explanation Gabe, I had no idea about the gateway. How would I find out where my gateway is? For curiosity sake?
I am doing OK, long story, but as I weaned down from steroid, I was on a Med that I was apparently allergic too. (Bactrim- add it to the list!). So, my mouth felt funny, and it felt like it was getting smaller? I increased the steroid back up, it went away. So... Went to Miami, and they are weaning me off, and sure enough, if I had not been on steroid, it could have been an anacephalic reaction. Basically, the reaction you get when you are seriously allergic and you stop breathing. So... Scary, but I have been down this road before... Like I said below, knowledge never hurt anyone and I knew something was wrong! I can tell you though, hospitals do not like you coming back a second time thru their ER department, after you have been admitted once! You kind of get the red carpet treatment! Haha. Oh well. Hopefully will be here only a few days. Kim