Hughesnet Community

Is the 99W 09900 transponder losing power or changing footprint?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silviron
Sophomore

Is the 99W 09900 transponder losing power or changing footprint?

For the last couple of years I've had a signal strength of 89 with an occasional high of 90 and sometimes 86 0r 87.... In the last month my signal strength  has slowly fallen to as low as 71 (it is 73 right now, with clear skies and calm)  I've tweaked my dish aiming several times, and replaced my coax with new quad shielded, 3 ghz RG-6 cables and connectors., cleaned all my connections  etc..

My system is a self installed HN7000s with a 2 watt transmitter, and has been working great  until recently.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

"For the last couple of years I've had a signal strength of 89 with an occasional high of 90 and sometimes 86 0r 87.... In the last month my signal strength  has slowly fallen to as low as 71 (it is 73 right now, with clear skies and calm)  I've tweaked my dish aiming several times, and replaced my coax with new quad shielded, 3 ghz RG-6 cables and connectors., cleaned all my connections  etc..

My system is a self installed HN7000s with a 2 watt transmitter, and has been working great  until recently."

Wow a hn7000s!  That's an oldie,  although I see Amazon still sells new ones for $29.95.

I'm running a ht2000 on Gen5 and my signal strength is 56 this morning, it's usually around 70, but I've seen it down to 40 with no problems.  I would guess that signal strength may not be your problem.

Wow!, $29.95...I had to pay ten times that much when I had to replace my modem a few years ago.

Hello @Silviron,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I have been consulting with our engineering team and I am unable to find any reports of ongoing issues with your specific transponder. It is, of course, possible for these to begin to malfunction after many years of use, but it is not common. The best I can recommend is switching out the transponder to see if the issue is still present. We do not currently ship these so we would need a tech to bring this out to you. Since you are capable of installing these yourself, you may want to call into our support line so that they can make the technician aware of your specific situation. 

-Damian