cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there Legal Action to be had?

djamatoit
New Poster

Is there Legal Action to be had?

As suggested by subject title I am at the end of my patience.  I am a VPN user that has gone through so many tech calls and BS that I have sought legal action on a couple fronts.  The false advertisement when talking with sales during purchase, constant crashes and disconnects and even how we are treated during a tech call can be called "harrassment".

I have tried, professionally I think, to resolve internet speeds and of course the dreaded VPN issue, which the sales team says is awesome.  Unless working during my local 1am to maybe 3am there are constant crashes and disconnects.   What brought this whole issue to the end is when our modem stopped sending and receiving singnal.  All the lights on it were "OFF".  I told the tech this and was told I could "buy" the account from my wife (its in her name) or he could no longer deal with me.  Its been a week and I still do not have a new modem that they needed me to pay $130 for and $10 shipping.

Need help VERY soon or this is going to get messy beyond belief!   

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Is there Legal Action to be had?

As suggested by the service contract (see http://legal.hughesnet.com/), disputes are to be resolved by binding arbitration. The procedure is detailed in the contract.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Don't know what was said during your sales call but this is what is in the Help/Faqs section:

Capture.PNG

Brooke
Alum

Hello djamatoit, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm interested too, if the sales agent had said you would be able to use VPN, because unfortunately it does slow down your speeds. Regarding your other concerns,

- The modem is processing, I was able to locate your account and see it's In Transit with UPS. I have the tracking number available for you here: 1Z7AF3880239041160 the only you pay for the modem is the shipping, which came to $9.95 and I see they credited your account that fee, along with a week's worth to reimburse for the time your internet is down. 

- You can't "buy" an account from someone. The account holder does not change except for particular circumstances, for example, if the account holder passed away. Even in those circumstances, there's no charge. There are some actions we need approved by the account holder before we can proceed, such as setting up technician appointments/sending out modems, making bill changes, upgrading/downgrading your account, and so on. This is to protect your account from having unauthorized changes. 

Hope this clears everything up!

-Brooke

djamatoit
New Poster

Brooke

Thank you for response and the new modem is installed.  However, it said to wait for 2 hours.  I waited 4 then called support.  They said I should have called to finsih the setup.   (very confusing)

Although it is now apparently connected I cannot use the internet for anything without having to wait at less then dialup speeds with most connections ending with "Connection Lost".   We are using up our HotSpot data on our cell phones and will soon be paying more for that as well....I am using it now because Hughnets internet is too slow and says "connection timed out".  Connecting to any site, trying to watch any Video on YouTube or other site, even reading any emails reults in "Connection Lost".  If anyone from Hughnets does not  belive me then I invite ANYONE from Hughsnet to come to my home and try sitting through the connection speeds and constant buffering.

Due to this issue I am no longer able to work at home which is affecting much more than work.  I need someone from Hughesnet to "CALL ME" with two things.

1) an Explanation of why they advertise one service and provide another service.

2) an immediate Fix 

If I get no call I will assume it is only the constant lack of support I have received thus far with Hughsnet and will pursue other methods of communication myself.

Brooke
Alum

You shouldn't have to call in to finish the setup. Normally, the modem takes a few hours to activate and run on its own. I pulled up your account again and based on the notation, a re-register needed to be done. This can happen on occasion, but it's not part of the normal process when receiving a new modem. 

It sounds like the signal keeps dropping. I've taken a look through our tools for anything out of ordinary and don't see anything that could potentially be causing the issue. I did some troubleshooting on my end to boost your signal. It may take a couple hours at the latest to notice any improvements, let me know how everything runs and we'll go from there. 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Djamatoit, please check your messages as I'v addressed some concerns. 

-Brooke