Hughesnet Community

Is there a way to jump start TCP and Web Acceleration?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sli-er_15
Sophomore

Is there a way to jump start TCP and Web Acceleration?

Using an HN7000S modem. Currently tried opening 4 websites and all gave web acceleration errors "This state indicates that your terminal is not able to bring up the Web Acceleration connection. This may be due to a problem in the Receive or Transmit link or in the HughesNet Network Operations Center. " TCP acceleration was down but it is now working. I haven't tried any other sites but FaceBook loaded up fine and when I tried reloading the problem sites they didn't load. Stopping them to reload gets a "TCP Acceleration Error (800.4) - Acceleration Backbones In SYN_RCVD State The HUGHES terminal is experiencing a problem with it's TCP acceleration infrastructure. Retrying the web page may correct the problem." error. So, is there a way to jumpstart TCP and Web accelerators on an HN7000S modem?
Where is the Receive or Transmit link and HughesNet Network Operations Center exactly?
TIA
5 REPLIES 5
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Try doing a Turbo Page Teardown:

A TurboPage Teardown is performed by opening the Modems SCC main page by entering 192.168.0.1 in a browser:

Click on the "Little Man" icon as shown to open the modems Advanced Pages:

On the Menu at left, find TURBOPAGE, expand it by clicking the +

Scroll down to ADVANCED CONFIG, click that

Finally, click the button "Teardown Turbopage Connection"  and retry your webpage.

Again a Turbopage teardown in a 7000 does a "disconnect" from the current Web Acceleration server on the Hughes end and "increments" down the list of WA servers.
So a teardown give you a shot at getting "hooked up" on a Acceleration server that hopefully is not as busy.
It may take several "try's".

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Opps, Pictures didn't take;

The top one:

And the second one:

Liz

Hi sli_er_15,

Thanks for posting, please let us know if Gwalk's guide helped.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

sli-er_15
Sophomore

I totally forgot about the turbo page teardown. You wouldn't know how many WA servers there are? I remember once it took quite a bit of teardown to get a workable connection, still slow though. 
Once again, where is the Receive or Transmit link and HughesNet Network Operations Center exactly?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I honestly don't know where the gateways are located for the 7000 system anymore.

It used to be that the Germantown MD was it. I think that is all "head NOC" now ... all supposition.

Things have changed so drastically since Spaceway3 and Echostar17.

Hughes has added massive infrastructure.

Here is a topic I started just having to do with ES17 and beam/gateways:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/beams-gateways-and-loading-overloading

The number of active satellites and transponders has been greatly reduced. They could have squeezed what little 7000 traffic in nearly anywhere.

I don't know how many WA servers are built into the modems "short list" of options either.

The guess is .... 4 for the HN1100 Gen4 and those are incremented up by a combination of "disable WA" and MBX Reset.

7000's were to the best of my recollection .... teardown, teardown, teardown ... 3 to 5 times .. then it was good for a while.

Can't offer up any better than that.

The Mods Monday may chime in but .... 7000's now are all either legacy or only in Alaska. Mainstream knowledge is getting rare.