cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Apps

Liz

Re: Issues with Google Apps

Hi maratsade, 

We just need to know which sites/applications you're having issues with and a description of those issues. You can PM me that info and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Velks

I'm having the same problems with trying to use anything Google. I am a teacher and it's really hurting that I can't get stuff out to my students😬

Breninithaca
Sophomore

An interesting tidbit that might be of help to your engineers - we can work around this by working through a VPN and the Tor browser. It's extremely slow but it does allow Google apps to load and be usable. So far it's the only way my son has been able to do his schoolwork.

Liz

Hi Breninithaca,

Thank you for this additional piece of info! I'll be sure to send this over to engineering, I appreciate it!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

V8zspeed
New Poster

You can add me to this list. Most of the google apps are not working through Hughesnet for my kids on their chromebooks. Nor is it working on my Apple devices. I can switch over to cellular and they work fine on the same device. Very frustrating as it looks like this has been an issue for a couple weeks and my highly expensive and slow internet is basically useless.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• Known issue
  • Affecting other ISPs as well, not just HN
  • HN is working on it
  • They will update us once they have an update to share

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

V8zspeed wrote:
You can add me to this list. Most of the google apps are not working through Hughesnet for my kids on their chromebooks. Nor is it working on my Apple devices. I can switch over to cellular and they work fine on the same device. Very frustrating as it looks like this has been an issue for a couple weeks and my highly expensive and slow internet is basically useless.

Liz

Hello,

We've had other customers reporting that Google apps have resumed working for them, is this the same case here?

-Liz

dk3
Sophomore

@Breninithaca wrote:

An interesting tidbit that might be of help to your engineers - we can work around this by working through a VPN and the Tor browser. It's extremely slow but it does allow Google apps to load and be usable. So far it's the only way my son has been able to do his schoolwork.

I wrote about this same thing 3 weeks ago. VPN is the only way my kids and I can often access Google Docs for school and work. When I raised this issue, all I got was push back from HughesNet apologists. (It's CenturyLink. It's Google. They're working on it. It's a pandemic. Be patient. Sigh. HughesNet do your job! And if you recognize the problem and are working on it, then be transparent about it!) 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Keep in mind VPN doesn't work for everyone. In the past this community has seen complaints by users who need to use a VPN for work and can't on the HN network. 

The "pushback" you got are reasons why things happen. Being asked to be patient is not "pushback."  Patience is actually needed, and the reps themselves ask people to be patient. 

There are no apologists here. 

V8zspeed
New Poster

No. We are still having the problem this morning.
We also have the modem locking and rebooting regularly. Only during the day, so my assumption was some type of load shed on the satellite.