cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 and Safari 10.1.2

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Issues with MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 and Safari 10.1.2

If you're talking about the setting the wifi on the HT2000W, it should look like this:
Untitled.jpeg

Check "Obtain from ISP" and leave the other two blank, hit "Save Settings".

You should also set your computer's DNS setting to Automatic. On Macs, you do that by just deleting whatever you've entered with the "-" button and it will automatically pull the DNS settings from the router.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Silly question- how do you recover the admin password? *face palm*

Highlighted
Associate Professor

the default one is on the label in the back of the device.

if you've changed it I think there was a procedure to hard reset it, but can't seem to recall...

Edit: Default is just 'admin'

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks for being patient with me. Found the default about the time you did.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Yeah, I was confused at first... the default password for each wifi channel is on the back label, not the admin password to access the settings. Hopefully, that didn't send you down the wrong path.