cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with website

Highlighted

Issues with website

Why do I continue to get the message, "Usage data not available for this period"? It doesn't matter what period of time entered, and this has been going on for months. In addition, I cannot get any satisfaction on the other usage information on your website. In addition, Your website is antiquated, and confusing, because it is difficult to get the information I need in order to be able to check and control my internet data usage. I find that several of the pathways connecting your web site to your other data are not responding, and haven't been working for most of the 45 days or so that I have been receiving your service. I seem to think that you might be doing this on purpose to keep your customers in the dark concerning their bandwidth and download usage. I think that if you are going to gouge your customers for every minute of service you provide you could at least give them a quality product. I am very annoyed, disappointed and dissatisfied with you customer service product, i.e.: the substandard processes of your website. and for this reason I will be seeking other alternatives. There is no way you can continue to provide bad service and stay in business. For example, look at CLEAR high speed internet service..... Where are they now? Out of business. I was employed by them and I experienced this same issue from your side. They moved their customer service to an overseas company and did not satisfy the general public's need for quality customer service and fair treatment when it comes to disputes. That's all anyone really wants when they are spending their hard earned money for services. Good Luck to you. BTW: Unless you can improve the function of your website and your data overcharging/stealing I will be posting this on all over the internet in order to return to you what you have been serving to all of you poor customers. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Issues with website

Who will join me in demanding a better quality product for your money?
Highlighted

Good morning pursleydl,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I can understand your frustration with not being able to view your historical usage in our Support Center. Does this also happen in the Status Meter? As far as I know, you should still be able to view your historical usage data in the Status Meter.

I pulled up your account to investigate further into this for you and I see that the lack of usage data in your circumstance is a known issue that our engineers do have a fix for, however, the implementation of that fix will take some time. Testing to ensure that the Support Center as a whole is works is ongoing, and only after all the pieces are good to go, can the fix be implemented. I don't have any ETA on when this will be complete, but we will be checking in with the engineers periodically on their progress.

In the meantime, I would suggest checking your usage history in the Status Meter. If you haven't downloaded that yet, you can do so from here: supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

You also mentioned " I find that several of the pathways connecting your web site to your other data are not responding". Can you please elaborate? If we gather more details on what you're experiencing, we can improve our site so that you and others can benefit.

Which specific URLs are you trying to access?

What error message are you getting, if any? (Screenshots would help, here's how to do them: take-a-screenshot.org)

Have you ever been able to successfully visit that URL?

When did you notice having difficulty visiting that URL?

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference? (Enter 92.168.0.1 in your browser then follow the steps here to find where to toggle Web Acceleration: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can_i_enable_disable_my_web_acceleration_myself)

Does this happen in different browsers?

Does this happen on different computers/devices?

Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?

Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache? (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)

Does powercycling your modem make a difference? (Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging.)

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Does power cycling your router make a difference?

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Ah, an update from an engineer. It looks like your Status Meter will also be affected, so no data history there either. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. So in this case, allow me to suggest this third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. It also includes a historical view of your data usage. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning pursleydl,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz