Hughesnet Community

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradyj38

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

I have been with hughsnet only a short time.  I got a mailing, called, it sounded great so I said yes.  The person I spoke to tole me very very little about all the details. I made it very clear I was looking for reliable, simple, internet service that I could watch netflix on and go on FB and watch other vidoes.  I was told $39.95 period! The guy comes with the big satelite and Im like this was NEVER discussed at all. I dont want this. He told me "I wont get pd unless u let me try it (he told me he was getting zero signal) I was uncomfortable, felt intimadated.  He put the thing on my roof as I was on the phone with hughsnet.  To make a long story short. I knew nothing about this limited usage, (I ran out days ago and can't watch netflix now) data cap?, and the price is not $39.95.  I finally got a person today who I explained what had happened and that I was sick to my stomach thinking I am stuck for 2 yrs with this.  He old me ;NO PROBLEM' its within the 30 day period, he assured me my debit card will not be charged another dime and that I am safe .  I never signed any contract regardless so I don't understand how this works.  I'm just relieved that I am able to cancel and go back to what i had way cheaper, no contract, no data caps, WOW, I am lucky.  The person I origanially spoke with needs to be retrained as she told me NOTHING about what you are actually getting, the price was not even acurate
25 REPLIES 25
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Make sure you send back the radio, modem and power supply when you get the box.  If they don't get them back within a certain amount of time you get charged for them. 
Amanda

Hiya Brady

I want to help you feel more comfortable about this whole situation. I was able to locate your account and will request to have your sales call reviewed as the agent should be telling you about the data limits and the fact that we do need to install a satellite dish. We'll address the behavior and courtesy of the technician with our management as well. 

In regards to your cancellation, you should not be charged any early termination fee if cancelling within the first 30 days. I'll take a look at your account and provide you more information regarding the cancellation. Please do not forget when you receive the return box from us to return the HughesNet equipment in a timely manner to avoid unreturned equipment fees.

Thank you 
Amanda

The same thing happened to me. I was told I would have a 30 day grace period to insure customer satisfaction. I was not told about a satellite dish that would be placed in my yard. It has been 30 days I am calling to cancel and I get the run around and told the early termination fee is $400.00. I am trying to work with the agent on the line, however this was the second time it called today. The first time I was hung up on. I called again, got a new agent, and I was trying to complete the items she was wanting me to complete. She starts telling me to turn slcertain HD setting off of my YouTube and Netflix accounts to have better internet quality. I should not have to change media settings if the internet I am being provided with states that their quality is the best. I had the 25 mpg plan set up on Fec. 28, it is now Jan 28, and I want to disconnect. While on the second phone call I also was disconnected from the agent in the middle of the call. My reception is at full capacity. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
maratsade

Tori, you have posted to an old thread -- your issue may go unnoticed.  You should post your own, unique thread to give your issue more visibility.  Hughesnet employees will be here tomorrow at around 9 am EST.

Also, you may want to edit out your email address -- this is a public forum, so posting email addresses and other personal info is not recommended.

Please email me at tma8815@gmail.com to let me know that you received my message.
Amanda

Hi bradyj

Just wanted to quickly pop back in and confirm that the agent did cancel your service, which will shut off on 10/13/16 and send a technician to de-install the radio transmitter for you at no cost. Please remember you need to hold on to this radio, the HughesNet modem and power cord until the box arrives to your home for return. 

There will be no further fees charged to you, and if there are please let me know here immediately so I can help.

I was able to locate your sales call and I am currently reviewing it for you myself. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks
Amanda
bradyj38

Im waiting for the boxes that r not here yet. and will be sending ASAP   The tech who removed it off my roof told me,  u will prob. be charged the early term fee. good luck with that cause my bank has a heads up already.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

From Amanda's post below:
There will be no further fees charged to you, and if there are please let me know here immediately so I can help.
bradyj38

Hi thank you very very much, The boxes are not here yet and yes I have everything ready to go, the modem/ another box? radio (Ithink) with power cord and the part from the actual satelite from the roof that the tech gave me when he was done. I'm just waiting for the boxes.  I'm sorry I did not understand what was involved when I called.  The person told me it was simple, it would work great 4 me, and I would save alot of $$.  I ran out of minutes (or whatever its refered to as) quickly and would have had to buy more . Would not have been good 4 me at all. I got cable internet, no data caps, no,contract, no contract.  It s way better for me with my health issues and disability.  Thank You.
Amanda

Hi bradyj

When your account officially closes on the 13th the boxes will be mailed out on that day 🙂 I appreciate you letting us know though.  I hope you enjoy your new service provider!

Amanda
Amanda

Hi bradyj

Just wanted to follow up and let you know the return box is out for delivery today. Here is your tracking # 1Z7AF3880330827308

Thanks
Amanda
lshaver

im not returnig my stuff so dont know why i recived this email?????
GabeU

lshaver,

You should start a new post to address your issue.  You can do so by clicking on the "New Post" button at the top of the page. 

David L. Hucks

I canceled in two days.there is nothing high speed internet with Hughes net and I will tell everyone here not to try it.
GabeU

David,

Two days? Did you even try to work with them to fix whatever the perceived problem was? 

maratsade

Two days. That's a record. "I will tell everyone here not to try it."  I've tried it for 12 years and I'm very happy with it. There are many who have also had a positive experience. 
GabeU

Been trying it for twelve years next month.  It's been a great trial run.  LOL.  I'm perfectly happy with it. 

maratsade

I'm thinking of ending the beta test and just going for a regular subscription.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here I was thinking I was over 12 years but after checking my Invoice Detail I'm not quite there yet.

GabeU

Mine turns out to be a little later than I thought, too, though I'm still reasonably sure that I called them to sign up in November.