HughesNet Community

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradyj38

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

I have been with hughsnet only a short time.  I got a mailing, called, it sounded great so I said yes.  The person I spoke to tole me very very little about all the details. I made it very clear I was looking for reliable, simple, internet service that I could watch netflix on and go on FB and watch other vidoes.  I was told $39.95 period! The guy comes with the big satelite and Im like this was NEVER discussed at all. I dont want this. He told me "I wont get pd unless u let me try it (he told me he was getting zero signal) I was uncomfortable, felt intimadated.  He put the thing on my roof as I was on the phone with hughsnet.  To make a long story short. I knew nothing about this limited usage, (I ran out days ago and can't watch netflix now) data cap?, and the price is not $39.95.  I finally got a person today who I explained what had happened and that I was sick to my stomach thinking I am stuck for 2 yrs with this.  He old me ;NO PROBLEM' its within the 30 day period, he assured me my debit card will not be charged another dime and that I am safe .  I never signed any contract regardless so I don't understand how this works.  I'm just relieved that I am able to cancel and go back to what i had way cheaper, no contract, no data caps, WOW, I am lucky.  The person I origanially spoke with needs to be retrained as she told me NOTHING about what you are actually getting, the price was not even acurate
25 REPLIES 25