cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J7 111000123266298 P

Alum

Re: J7 111000123266298 P

Carol,

Thanks for your post and we appreciate your patience. Due to the temporarily congested gateways that we are experiencing on the Spaceway plan, we can either offer you to switch you to our newest available Gen4 technology at no commitment cost or offer to waive any fees if you decide to cancel.

We would like to retain you as our customer as value your service as a long-standing customer. Again, we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to hearing back from you.

- Warren

Hi Warren,
I know that at times when I complain it doesn't sound like I like Hughes, but I do. The only time I don't like it very much is during the snail races. I'm not leaving. Is the Spaceway plan likely to get even slower or is what I've experienced recently as bad as it's likely to get? I don't want to  upgrade if I don't have to. The last upgrade changed me from a better plan (more bandwidth) to the one I'm currently on even though they promised me it wouldn't. After the upgrade they then told me there was no alternative but to change my plan. I've gotten used to what I have and rarely go over my threshold but I don't want to lose what I currently have for faster speeds. Does that make sense to you?
Alum

Carol,

Thanks for the reply. We do understand your frustration as we are trying to provide you with the best Hughesnet service we can provide.

We have escalated your case due to a discrepancy in your account to see if that is the issue that ties in with your speeds.

I do believe you would greatly benefit from the upgrade to Gen4. In the meantime, we went ahead and credited your account for the month while we straighten out your account discrepancy.

- Warren

Hi Warren,
Does this discrepancy have anything to do with being promised my existing package and being given the current package when they reinstalled my dish?
What type of discrepancy are we talking about here?

Carol
Alum

Carol,

There is a discrepancy with your account that shows you are still on the Basic plan, when you are being billed for Power150 plan. Your upload speeds (non-congested times) from your speed tests you have taken are still well within specs for Power 150, but we are investigating why you are showing up in the system as a Basic plan customer.

As for the trouble of this, we have credited your account for this month while we fix the issue.

Again, because of your times you've stated that you usually browse the web, it would be very beneficial for you to switch to a Gen4 service plan. Your speeds would definitely show improvement from the current plan you are on.

- Warren

For how many years Warren? I've had this dish and this plan since June 15, 2011. If I got basic service while being charged for the power 150 plan how much did I get overcharged? How much is the basic plan per month?

40 Months of being charged for something I wasn't getting and being told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Perhaps now, Warren, you will see why I balk at upgrades! I told you the last time they upgraded me I got rooked and you thought I was just whining. I did not get what I was promised by the guy from Germantown.   The previous dish was installed wrong or badly and it wouldn't stay connected. I put up with that for years and finally  complained. The current system was an upgrade from what I had but I didn't want to give up my plan. They promised I wouldn't but the cost to me rose from 69.99 to 91.94 per month while the service remained the same. I learned to live with it because apparently folks in billing and tech never speak to each other. How you found, 40 months later, what they couldn't figure out is beyond me. I cannot afford an increase in cost which has happened with every new install.
Alum

Carol,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. I verified that you were not overcharged, and you were charged correctly since your plan was Power 150 from the upgrade back in 06/21/2011. 

The first plan you subscribed to back in 11/13/2007 was the Home/Basic plan. The system screen shows both. We are escalating that issue for it to show your current plan from our support screen. Your current plan shows correctly in the billing system, so no overcharging has occurred on your account. Again we apologize for the confusion.

- Warren

Yeah, um no. I'll stick with what I have. As I said, every upgrade has come with an upgrade in cost and I am at my limit of what I can pay within my budget. Thanks, but no thanks!