cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J7 11100014495021 H

Highlighted

J7 11100014495021 H

We cancelled the Hughesnet service within just a few hours of having it connected because we discovered that it was not compatible with the Xbox Live (although the installation rep led us to believe that it would be). We were promised that we would receive a box to return the hardware but it has been more than a week and it has not yet arrived. I am concerned because I have read numerous comments from customers who have had the same sort of issue and were turned over to collection agencies for not returning the equipment even though they never received the box as promised. I want to make certain that does not happen in this case.
19 REPLIES 19

Re: J7 11100014495021 H

I was unsatisfied with The Other Internet Company Because they were charging to much every month and I was also told I would receive a check or gift card for Dec. and that would have been great because I have 4 grandchildren so I was counting on that check or what ever they sent me but 2 days ago I was told NO I wasn't Going To receive a check or gift card I wasn't qualified to get one a stupid employee told me this and I was quite UPSET so I cancelled my Card and that way they can't automaticly take it out of my account so if they are charging you , You can stop it so Good Luck With The Whole Ordeal !!! 

Thanks. I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does I certainly will file a complaint. My sister-in-law is an attorney and I'm not above getting her involved if this doesn't get resolved.

Alum

Hello Susan,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. Rest assured that your account will not go into collections.

Even though you cancelled your account, your return box kit will not be shipped until the day the account actually closes, which would be on your final billing date (12/11).

It will take a week after the billing date before you should receive the return kit.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

- Warren
New Poster

Warren since this was posted here why wouldnt you expedite the sending of the box instead of waiting and taking the chance that billing will take out another payment. 

Well I will tell you a little secret and you can take if for what it's worth Ok. If you have a box that it came in then just resend it to them and on top of that wouldn't it be cheaper to just send it back to them than it would be to have them charge you for another month ??? Seriously I would just send it back if it were me now that's just my opinion !!!
Alum

Charles, I wish I could, but I am not authorized to expedite any shipment for return box kits.
New Poster

Frances the reason for the return box from Hughes is so they can track it and make sure that its applied to the correct account, I wouldnt recommend sending it in any box other than the one they send 
Honorary Alumnus

When you have made the decision to cancel, the "trick" is this:
Demand an "immediate cancelation". Be firm, be very firm, be very very firm.

Save all case numbers.

Save all tracking numbers.

Document everything.

Keep everything for one year minimum.

An "immediate cancelation" will get you past the delay of waiting for the end of your "present billing cycle" delay.

Be prepared to return not only the Modem and its power "brick" but also the "radio" that is mounted on the end of the dish "arm".

For some reason, Hughes has a problem believing that anyone would want to cancel for any reason .... hence the "retension department.

Again the key words are "immediate cancelation", documentation by the user as parts have been "lost" within the Hughes warehouse leading to more customer disatisfaction.

Unrelated company but similar circumstance: I used to have Dish Network and was beyond contract. I cancelled the service and was sent a box to pack it all in and send back. Now, I'd been through this before and knew how it worked with Dish so I videotaped the whole process. From working tv and receiver to disconnecting and packing to sealing the box. About 6 months later Dish contacted me about "broken equipment charges" and I told them I have a video tape of the ENTIRE process. I never heard from them again.
I recommend video taping a return from working equipment to the sealed box to cover your own behind.