cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J7 11100014495021 H

Assistant Professor

Re: J7 11100014495021 H

More like digital video recording nowadays. Funny how we hang on to the old wording. Videotape?  

It actually was a video tape hahahah. Old people are set in their ways and old phrases die hard!

Well, here it is Dec. 7 and, just as I  was concerned about and promised would not happen, Hughes is attempting to charge $300 for unreturned equipment even though no return box has ever provided (and it is not yet Dec. 11, which is when the rep informed me that the box could be expected to arrive.) As you can imagine, this does NOT make me happy.
Alum

Susan,

Thanks for the post. Can you post a screenshot of your charges? Please omit any sensitive or private information (SAN, Phone number)

Here is what our records show for your account. We have no recollection of a attempted charge on your account for that amount.

As stated above, your return box kit will not be shipped until the day the account actually closes, which would be on your final billing date (12/11).

It will take a week after the billing date before you should receive the return kit.

Feel free to post back if you have additional questions. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

- Warren

I should have followed up on this quite some time back, but with the holidays I let it slide. At any rate, there was never an actual billing for charges; it was a message from Hughes stating that the hardware had not been returned and that the charges would be incurred if it was not. It still seems ridiculous to me that the company is sending such things out when the box itself had not been sent at that point. Admittedly, however, the box was finally received on, I believe, December 15 and my mother was able to package up and return the parts required. I do know when she went to have the box shipped, she was told to be sure and keep her receipt with the tracking number because the shipping store had previously had  problems with Hughes claiming that packages they had shipped were never received. To the best of my knowledge, however, that has not happened in this case and the issue has been resolved.
Honorary Alumnus

Franc,
The offer to troubleshoot your system by both the Community and the Hughes employees still stands I'm sure.
You need only start a new thread outlining your problem and giving a few details such as operating system and plan level and modem type.
Assistant Professor

New Poster

HAHAHAHA, exactly what I was thinking Gwalk900, I think Franc is afraid to post troubleshooting info because we would see that hes getting great speed and service then he would look bad for all of the comments he has made
New Poster

Then he could always post and prove me wrong at which time I will happily apologize 
Honorary Alumnus

Franc ly (pun intended) I would like to help the guy.
Itsnot ( another intended pun) cable or DSL) but if its broke, we can help him get it fixed.
If its not broke, we can help him understand how to get the most from what he has.
If he just wants to "belly ache" because he wants Cable or something, then I guess when can play "games".
This is a help forum.
You can get help from the Hughes employess, you can get after hours support and advice.

You can get really neat GIFs of squirles getting back rubs !

Hey (hay) we have the whole thing !

If its broke, fix it, if you are justtired of it, then throw it away.