cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2021Speeds routinely ONLY 2-5 MBPS

Liz

Re: July 2021Speeds routinely ONLY 2-5 MBPS

Good morning McKraftywino,

Thank you for providing the testmy.net speed tests. I checked your diagnostics too and they look normal, and the speed I got lined up with some of your test results as well (~13 Mbps). Let me escalate this to our corporate engineers for their input. I'll post back once I have an update for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

McKraftywino
New Poster

Liz,

Thank you.

Look forward to seeing a way to improve/update to get more consistent speeds of 10-20 instead of the current fluctuating 2-4

Main change so far is to turn OFF 5G on hughesnet modem and only use 4G

helped but did not solve

In 27614 area can now generally stream on Netflix and sometimes Hulu (time of day/day of week dependent since sometimes get the 'circle of death')

Prime, Disney, Apple+ and others still won't stream only 'circle of death'

On some streaming sites they have option to 'only send lower resolution video' (can't recall which but that helps)

wish they all had that option

Also trying to screen mirror downloaded gives strange errors on many (Netflix, Apple+ and Prime allow replay on screen share and/or with HDMI cable from iphone,

the others will not/do not/drive me crazy with random issue/errors/apparent paranoia!)

look forward to any additional recommendation to get more consistent streaming

thank you

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Curious...what do you mean by this? "Main change so far is to turn OFF 5G on hughesnet modem and only use 4G"

The HN modem has two radios, a 2.4GHz one and a 5GHz one.  Are you referring to turning off the 5GHz radio?

Liz

Thanks for the additional info, so the main issue is you're trying to stream but currently Prime, Disney, and Apple+ don't work?

This experience happens even while streaming from the native website (not their mobile apps)?

On multiple hardwired devices?

Regardless of time of day? Or do you experience issues more during a certain time (and which time)?

Just trying to rule out other possibilities; I ask because our corporate engineers will ask, I'm not trying to give you a hard time.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi McKraftywino,

Just wondering if you're still there, the info I requested in my previous post would help a great deal. Thanks!

-Liz

Liz

Hi McKraftywino,

It's been two weeks since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz