cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a good example of the "Smart Technologies"...

Distinguished Professor III

Just a good example of the "Smart Technologies"...

And keep in mind, the Glasswire snapshot is only from this desktop, whereas the Status Meter snapshot is total usage.  I have two other computers that have been kept up to date, though aren't used nearly as much as the desktop.  With that said, the total Glasswire usage for all three computers may be as high as 5.5GB.  Not bad, eh?  Whatever Hughesnet's doing to save me data, they are doing it well.  

From Jan 4th to present... 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
17 REPLIES 17
Professor

Re: Just a good example of the "Smart Technologies"...

Gabe, you are the king of judicious data usage. Smiley Happy  

Not too shabby Gabe! Now if only there was a way to 'compress' the gas in my car..

Amanda

You'd think so, but in actuality it's not that I purposefully try to use so little data, it's just that nothing I do uses much.  There's only been one month where I got close to my Anytime Data limit, and that was due to the W10 Anniversary updates on three computers, plus downloading a couple of other sizable things.  That time I did try to be careful toward the end of the month, even though I had/have plenty of Token Bytes available.  

Can you imagine if the data rolled over?  I might then sign up for Netflix and start watching some movies that I never see on the pay channels.  LOL.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Boy, oh boy, do I hear you there!  Smiley Happy

Professor

You'd never leave the house, Gabe, so maybe it's best if it doesn't roll over. Smiley Wink 
Professor

There's gotta be something in quantum physics that could do this.  Yes, I do watch too much Star Trek and it spoils me for reality.

I'd emerge from the house three months later and thirty pounds lighter with a beard four inches long.  LMAO!  

Highlighted

GabeU can you send me a email at gokartergo24@hughes.net  I want to send you a picture.

Done.