Just curious if...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thoroughbred
New Poster

Just curious if...

...anyone is able to actually view a 30 second (low-medium quality) streaming video for instance, or is that a bit unrealistic for a HughesNet satellite customer.? I welcome all responses as "latency misery" loves company!

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I can stream 30 second videos without a problem.  Longer ones too, and movies.  

You are one lucky customer, there is hope for me yet.

Thanks

@maratsade wrote:

I can stream 30 second videos without a problem.  Longer ones too, and movies.  

GabeU

@Thoroughbred 

Though I don't stream very often and haven't in a couple of months, it works fine when I do so from HBO Go, DirecTV's home page or TLC's home page.   I do, however, watch Youtube videos often, and they normally play without any buffering, including in HD (when I snooze the Video Data Saver).  

Make sure your WiFi signal is good if you're connected to the HughesNet modem that way.  HughesNet's mobile app has a built in WiFi testing tool.  It's very basic, but adequate.  

@Thoroughbred wrote:

...anyone is able to actually view a 30 second (low-medium quality) streaming video for instance, or is that a bit unrealistic for a HughesNet satellite customer.? I welcome all responses as "latency misery" loves company!

I'm sure plenty of people here will tell that they stream whole movies, with no problems,  As they used to say: "Your mileage may vary".

I almost never stream videos, because I sometimes have buffering problems.  I capture them to a file and then view them with no buffering.  That way I can also save a copy if I want.  I use a Firefox addon called video download helper.

Thank you g_w, you've got exploring different video capture programs. Hopeful for a possible solution.

OOPS...got me exploring video capture programs I meant to say.

GabeU

@Thoroughbred wrote:

OOPS...got me exploring video capture programs I meant to say.

Take a look at Playon.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/General-Discussion/PlayOn-Cloud/m-p/107801#M3876