Just want to speak to someone in the USA not the Philippines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFR
New Poster

Just want to speak to someone in the USA not the Philippines

Why am I going through my data in the first 10 days. The 1st 2 months a barley used any. Now I have to completely unplug from the box or it’s gone. Haven’t done anything different from the 1st 2months. Yes I have gone through my 3 devices and turned off all the crap I don’t use. I don’t do any streaming. This isn’t all the crap I have been through but I don’t have all day to talk about it. When I call you can’t talk to anyone in the USA. What’s up with that? As far as I’m concerned HughesNet SUCKS and I may just pay the penalty to get out of this horrible company. Anyone else have these problems?
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JFR wrote:
Why am I going through my data in the first 10 days. The 1st 2 months a barley used any. Now I have to completely unplug from the box or it’s gone. Haven’t done anything different from the 1st 2months. Yes I have gone through my 3 devices and turned off all the crap I don’t use. I don’t do any streaming. This isn’t all the crap I have been through but I don’t have all day to talk about it. When I call you can’t talk to anyone in the USA. What’s up with that? As far as I’m concerned HughesNet SUCKS and I may just pay the penalty to get out of this horrible company. Anyone else have these problems?

It's actually a somewhat common issue, but because peoples' devices are connecting and using data for things that they are not aware of.  

Keep in mind that, with many devices, when you turn them off they aren't really off, but in standby, and still connecting.  

Do you have a satellite TV receiver connected to HughesNet?  A gaming console?  

What devices do you have that are connected to HughesNet, or even just have the ability to connect to HughesNet?  

Going through the same thing! What I think is funny is that when I was signing up I was able to speak to someone in the United States, since then I've not been able to really speak to anyone except someone from Mexico. Poor customer service!! Had I known this from the beginning, I would never have signed up. You're right HN sucks. So disappointed that I signed a 2 year contract. When the 2 years is up, we're out. Btw.. my husband and I signed up for this package because HN rep said it was the best one suited for us. We don't play games and watch YouTube once in a while. Also, why is it that I can't change my password. Everything about HN is a pain and is totally exhausting.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"When I call you can’t talk to anyone in the USA. What’s up with that?"

Actually, a lot of the people you talk to on the phone ARE in the US -- they're just not Americans, so they have accents.  I'm a thick Brit so have some trouble understsanding some of them, so I have solved the problem by using chat, so we're both typing.  Works much better for me. 

Liz

Hi JFR,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post, we want to address your concerns. Please read the information here and follow the instructions: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Where-s-my-bytes-Testing-for-data-leaks/m-p/77194#M5... Then you may post your screenshots here in your thread. Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!