cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knerkin

Knerkin

12 new malware strands are discovered every minute. Security researchers at G DATA released report findings revealing that the company discovered 3,045,722 new types of malware in the first half of 2015, a 26.6 percent increase since the second half of 2014, and that most attacks were either adware or potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) hosted on U.S. Web sites from the healthcare and technology and telecommunications, among others. G DATA also observed an increase in banking trojan usage for the first time since 2012.Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/12-new-malware-strands-are-discovered-every-minute-495302.shtml
5 REPLIES 5
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Knerkin

But ... but......but, I have a virus protection program installed ! I'm safe. Smiley Happy
Assistant Professor

It is a scary internet out there these days.

eh, that only gets the malware or virus AFTER it has already been installed or downloaded. A good way is to block ip's, its a lot of work, but is worth it. Using your host file is helpful, along with a Firewall device should do a little bit of something more.

*shudders*

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

That works too, I've done it a few times, now i have a stack of laptops and desktops that don't work.