Hughesnet Community

LAN light not on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrkkjoyce

LAN light not on

We don't have internet service and noticed LAN light isn't on. I rebooted the modem and the problem is still the same. The last time this happened it took me hours on the phone before Hughes sent a service tech out and the tech realized the modem was broken. I believe we need a new modem because there is nothing wrong with the dish - no debris and we haven't had any storms. I would like to skip the 10 hours on the phone with your support help lines. Can you contact me so I can have a tech sent to the house to replace the modem or send me a new modem in the mail.
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The site mods will look at this on Monday. They are off during the weekend.  I have pinged them here, and hopefully they ill see your post early in the day. 

@Liz@Amanda

Amanda

Hi Mrkkjoyce

Sorry to hear you are having trouble yet again. I will definitely take a look at your system and run diagnostics - it is very possible we can save you the visit too and fix this together. Please allow me a little time to complete the testing.

Thank you

Amanda

Mrkkjoyce,

I reviewed your previous cases while the tests ran and see that this exact problem has come up before, so I am not sure that replacing the modem was really what fixed the problem. Replacement modems come with a new ethernet cable, which appeared to be the issue the last time this happened. 

After running initial diagnostics I can see that your HT1100 modem was plugged into an Apple Airport Extreme router. Can you confirm that the ethernet cable from the LAN port in the back of your HT1100 is securely plugged into the back of your modem and Apple router?  Does the LAN light turn on if you plug it directly in to a laptop or computer? 

~Amanda