cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LETS US START A MOVEMENT AGAINST HUGHSNET

Assistant Professor

Re: LETS US START A MOVEMENT AGAINST HUGHSNET

For me, it is a far sight better than nothing or maybe 3g. Do I like the data caps? No. Do I like the cost for those data caps? No.
They are providing service to a niche market and customers usually pay more for something that caters to a smaller market. Not to mention the costs associated with launching and maintaining a satellite along with the ground control infrastructure.

What is not to love about that...we all love that...but the lies you get working with them when you order seems to be the key here.

If they were upfront with people about the service or lack of service or the cost or how long your 10G's of time slip by or if they would stop drawing from your data pool even when you are not on line...a modem issue they never seem to fix.

If you have something no one else can offer you should get your price, but why lie about it...the key issue with this firm = deceptive practices.

You do not roll up this much hate and anger from people all around the USA because you are doing something right.

It is great to defend this firm or your use of it..that is cool but to say they don't have a Major PR Issue because of lack of customer service is going a bit too far.

You also add to to this firms feeling of immunity when you say in proportion not that much to worry about based on the number of costumers they have...Really...the Germans  did not kill all the Jews so  let us give them a pass...is that your point?

So Please all here respect the terrible times people have had with this firm...that it took our time and money...and did it with a heavy hand and lack of consideration for the costumer and join our voice to make this better...Just saying ...the same way your image of the dog you use looks like it is about to S__T...that is how we feel about this firm ...S--T on!

Yes you did...Good job...If I felt we could see ANY improvement in the way they treat their clients I would agree...so your POV is it is best to not kill the dog if it only bites some people..Look Anger is a fact when it comes to being taken for a bunch of money by people who show no concern for your issues...Anger leads to bad ideas so maybe we should just go on suffering in silence . And please know dial up is faster and cheaper and should be open to most locations or you can get a hot spot wireless hub for less and faster speed...Just saying where their is a will ...
...Be well.
New Poster

jezra you just put a BIG smile on my face. and I agree with you completely. Im like sgoshe I have been with Hughes for going on 6 years this summer and for the most part have had really good service from them, but I have have also learned to never call CS only contact them through here. as for the shear number of complaints I would recommend anyone go to the competitors community group and read the complaints there, your login for this community will work to get you in to their community and you will see some familiar names there as some were Hughes customers and are now over there complaining about the same issues. and do a search with the BBB on them also. a lot of it stems to the type of technology satellite uses it does have its draw backs with weather and other problems with a fast growing market but they have recently started to do more to help their customers than they did in the past and it will improve more and more, also I dont know if you have noticed but the TV commercials have changed their wording to be a little less deceptive, also keep in mind that there are a lot of 3rd party companies selling Hughes systems and service and thats where a lot of the flat out lying is happening because they are just trying to make a sale at any cost and when Hughes here hears a customer has been lied to they do pull the call recording and review it and if the customer was lied to then they do make it right with them even if it means refunding their money.
New Poster

Oh yea here is the link to their community.
https://community.exede.com/exede
Highlighted

Just would like to chime in here. It is a fact that very few customers will leave a review on anything. Most of the time it takes someone being mad to take the time and effort to find a venue to review whatever product or service has let them down. Happy satisfied customers just go happy-go-lucky about their life.
Just my 2 cents.

From a former customer's perspective. If they fixed their customer service I really don't think we would see the angry, frustrated customers that we see. Satellite is so complex that having script readers is not the way to help customers with problems. Having to make repeated calls to India for the same issue that never seems to get resolved is what is making customers so angry and frustrated.

I would still be with HN if not for the poor customer service.

I am another long term customer who, for the most part, has been satisfied with the service.  Not that I have not had my share of issues over the past two years but when the service works as it should it meets my needs and it is "the only game in town" so to speak.  I would, however, agree that their telephone support is worse than useless for knowledgeable customers that are actually trying to get their system fixed.  The script readers only serve to infuriate customers when they are talked down to and made to jump through hoops troubleshooting their equipment even though they have stated with certainty that the problem is NOT with their equipment, PC or network AND clearly requested higher level support but are told by the rep that the case cannot be escalated without first putting on the circus act.  As for billing I have NEVER had any billing issues with HughesNet.

All that being said I would not want to see the company go out of business as I need the service and from what I can gather, other satellite internet providers are no better and maybe even worse at the customer support thing.
New Poster

I wont call CS on the phone no way no how, I only use this community because I cant understand the people in the India call centers. if they move that part to the US it would make a big difference in my opinion, I understand the script reading part but I would rather it be with someone I can understand.

Charles - my most recent interactions with phone support WERE with good English speaking support personnel but the same old overused scripts still made it worse than useless and, as stated above, the ABSOLUTE refusal to escalate a case without hours of totally useless troubleshooting only infuriates customers. At least we have this forum - I too will attempt to NEVER use phone support again.  Unfortunately multitudes of other customers out there have not yet learned this lesson and will be forced to learn it the hard way like us or just give up trying and cancel their service.