cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSS OF MB'S

LOSS OF MB'S

WE ARE IN DAY 2 OF OUR BILLING AND ONLY HAVE 65% OF OUR MB'S LEFT. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE BOTH RETIRED HAVE DESKTOPS AND WE HAVE DIRECT TV. WE DO NOT GET ON DEMAND PROGRAMS . THERE MOST A PACKAGE THAT HAS MORE USAGE THEN HAVEING TO KEEP BUYING EXTRA TOKENS. I MAY HAVE TO FIND A BETTER INTERNET SERVICE
9 REPLIES 9

Re: LOSS OF MB'S

hi--dean here . i to have d-- v and why i went to hughes is that d-tv  internet is not  working most of the tine-----there net in in the ground and #16 wire and we are to far from the tower----get the point ? --we have hughes for the reason that it's the best we can get !!

I've found using the Apple utility Activity Manager that FB and Hugesnet's home page suck up MB's. I've read that the new versions of Windoz spend lots of background processing checking for updates and downloading. Only cure, shut off auto updates? Check with forum for Win experts, as I threw my PC into the trash ten years ago. Never looked back!
 P.S. I have the 5/50GB plan and have never run out. I use the net about 2 hours a day, when we used FB we bought tokens every month with the 50GB plan, movies are just too big, 4gb each?  Guess move to town is only way to stream movies? If only there were some worth watching!
Freshman

You didn't say what plan you have. There are several usage plans available. Howevd6. With help from this site you can learn how to manage your usage.

Good morning wfsdms,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post, we want to address your concerns. Please read the information here and follow the instructions: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

Then you may post your screenshots here in your thread.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Four GB per movie suggest HD be sure everything is set to SD with SD video it is about 150 to 200 MB per movie.

Be sure your DirecTv receiver is not connected to internet it will gobble up Data fast.

arent they supposed to hook all this up correctly? im handicapped how do I know whats right or wrong they came out here and did it themselves never told me id lose my phone or anything about data i'm so unhappy with service it's not funny! I think everything was fine first couple months then slowly got worse now i'm sitting here at the first of the month over my data usage and no phone....UGH
Advanced Tutor

You'll be better served if you start a new topic instead posting here, but there is plenty of info on what kinds of things can cause data loss. 

If you have HughesNet Voice, then your phone should work, whether or not you've used up all your data. Please start a new topic so we can help troubleshoot what the problem is.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Hi wfsdms,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->