cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lan problems

New Poster

Lan problems

Every time I plug a Ethernet wire in the lan ports my wifi goes out completely. I have tried power cycling and it doesn't help. As soon as I unplug the lan wifi cuts back on.
  • WiFi-Modem
5 REPLIES
Teaching Assistant

Re: Lan problems

Are you using an HT2000w or a third-party wifi router?  When you plug an ethernet cable into the unit, are you using a device other than the one you just connected to check for a wifi signal?  Are you checking for 2.4Ghz, or 5Ghz, or both when this happens?

When this does happen, can you visit http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com/limited.html#!/general/summary and tell us the terminal state code that is present?

If you are connecting a laptop that was on wifi, most will disable their wifi radio when connected with a network cable to prevent conflicts.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10
New Poster

It's the ht200w. I am using my galaxy s7 edge, ps3,roku tv and my wife's sony xperia xa ultra on wifi. We have our dvr for our security cameras that have to use a lan. But if hook up the dvr or ps3 either one it knocks out all wireless channels, 2.4 and 5. I tried power cycling and also a hard reset om the router. Neither one fixed it. I have another wireless router I have tried to run though lan off the ht2000 but it wouldn't even show it on the device list. 

Teaching Assistant

romeo727 wrote:

It's the ht200w. I am using my galaxy s7 edge, ps3,roku tv and my wife's sony xperia xa ultra on wifi. We have our dvr for our security cameras that have to use a lan. But if hook up the dvr or ps3 either one it knocks out all wireless channels, 2.4 and 5. I tried power cycling and also a hard reset om the router. Neither one fixed it. I have another wireless router I have tried to run though lan off the ht2000 but it wouldn't even show it on the device list. 

That secondary router should definitely show up on the list when connected.  That's really odd.  I could be wrong, as I'm not very versed on the HT2000W, nor router connections to such, but it sounds like something really goofy going on with that HT2000W.  Hopefully someone will be able to help you figure out what's going on, and if not, I'm sure @Liz or another mod will.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Teaching Assistant

When this does happen, can you visit http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com/limited.html#!/general/summary on the machine that's directly connected to the HT2000w and tell us the terminal state code that is present?

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10
Highlighted

First try a different Lan cable. It kind of sounds like it is shorting out the WIFI.  When this happens can you get into the modem and get into the WIFI settings.

?