cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large upload amount that I can't figure out...

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Large upload amount that I can't figure out...

@maratsade wrote:

That's a lot of data for something you already had the image for.  I guess it had to download updates? Fingers crossed that this will solve the issue!

Yep.  The updates, including for the built in apps and whatnot.  Plus, I had to download a couple of programs that I had forgotten to save.  

The funny thing is, the W10 1809 ISO itself isn't even that big.  Nearly, but not quite.  Of course, if I had to download ISO, as well, I would have done all this startinig at 2AM.  

I didn't realize what I did would use so much data.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

That's Windows for you -- cumbersome.  I hope everything is working properly now. 

Assistant Professor

@GabeU, don't know if anything to to do with your original problem but my Comodo AV popped up an alert last night about Bitcoin mining malware trying to attach to Chrome. Scary stuff going on right now.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@BirdDog wrote:

@GabeU, don't know if anything to to do with your original problem but my Comodo AV popped up an alert last night about Bitcoin mining malware trying to attach to Chrome. Scary stuff going on right now.

Very scary stuff, and a bad distro of Chrome is right in the middle of it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog wrote:

Oh, wow.  That's interesting.  It hasn't happened since, and I ran all of the scans I mentioned, but it's entirely possible that something like that could have slipped through, especially if it's new.  

Thanks for the info.  I'm keeping a much closer eye on it since the re-installation.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit