cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency and Teamspeak II

Junior

Latency and Teamspeak II

Following up on this topic from https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/latency-and-teamspeak?rfm=1&topic_submit=true

Been testing it over the last couple weeks. Didn't know the thread would be locked.

Anyway, you said that your engineers did some "tweeks" to my site.  I have noticed that, after I stop talking on Teamspeak, the latency drops back down faster.

However, I am still experiencing very high latency when I talk (or transmit data).

Last night I hit 5000 ms latency.

So there still is a problem.
50 REPLIES 50
Alum

Re: Latency and Teamspeak II

Hi lighthope,

Thanks for the update. As for the previous thread. I wanted to see if we could get an update, and potentially make more changes to your site. When I didn't hear from you I assumed it no longer was an issue. I'll update our engineers about your current status and get back to you. If anything changes feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
Advanced Tutor

5,000 ms latency would = five seconds. Is that correct?

Best to check with TeamSpeak since it's their product. They may have experience with customers using their product over a satellite connection. Or be able to explain what you're seeing higher latency when you talk.

I don't think HughesNet will be able to resolve latency issues with a third-party product.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Junior

I've noticed this with any kind of constant streaming, not just TeamSpeak.
Alum

Hi Lighthope,

Haven't forgot about you. Still waiting to hear back. I'll update you once I have more info. 

- Chris

When I try to play Multiplayer Minecraft my initial ping to the server is 800-900ms but when I join and play it goes all the way up to 2000ms!
Junior

Hit 4700 latency last night.  That was playing World of Warcraft.  I get that satellite is bad for twitch games, but 4700 ms?  Really?
Alum

Hi Lighthope,

Just wanted to check in and see how your experience is so far. Have you noticed any improvement? At this time I have not received an update. I've been on top of our engineers with little luck so far. I'll keep pushing to get something more concrete. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
Junior

Still waiting for a response.

Hit 5100 latency last night with uploads stalled for up to 30 seconds or more.

It isn't just Teamspeak.  Seems to have something to do with streaming data, either voice or data or whatever. Maybe Hughesnet doesn't handle traffic snarls well.

Either way, problem needs to be solved.
Junior

Still waiting for something to be done about this.  No response for how long?  Three weeks?

I'd abandon HugesNet but there is no other choice in my area. Be glad you're a monopoly.