cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues Gen 4 Sat

Re: Latency issues Gen 4 Sat

Good morning BJager,

Thanks for your patience. There is a planned software upgrade for Monday on your beam to address the plausible cause of your concerns. Engineering is expected to keep us updated on this and the outcome of the upgrade. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

@Liz
We honestly would like to cancel service. How do I go about that? I can't seem to remove the debit card from auto pay.  I am sorry, with all due respect I know you are just trying to do your job, but we have waited 5 months too long, with no credit to our account for the unusable service. It has been a joke,  I personally have not been able to use the service for 5 months however trying to countless times, pulling my hair and never getting anywhere and eventually giving up every single day by going to the mobile hotspot to do anything. There seriously is a problem with it.  We have found another option and they are performing better.  This past 2 weeks of no answers and run around waiting to hear back from a engineer tech was the last we can put up with it, and will be better to the health to just forget about it.

We have till the 28th, and we would like to cancel.  However, in the time the satellite is still on I can provide details and let you know if your software upgrade did anything to help or not, just for the sake of those who may be on the beam and experiencing similar problems but please how do I suspend this service because we are just done. Too frustrated to go any further with this service.  You can come back and get the equipment whatever it takes, my mother even says good riddance to Hughesnet and that's pretty bad seeing as she has been the only one able to muster up the patience to deal with the extreme slowness...

Thanks, and I hope you understand

Good morning BJager,

Thanks for posting. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Ok thank you so much Liz, and sorry for not being the easiest person to talk to.  Although the situation never got fixed, I appreciate you trying to help and having patience.

The guy over the phone said I need to pack up something, I believe he said the ATA, modem and the part I got confused about, the radio on the dish?

Also, since the satellite is still on, if your engineering tech did a software upgrade on Monday it didn't work lol. We actually had a hard time getting them to hear that we wanted to cancel over the HughesVoice ... Hopefully you guys get it figured out for anyone else who may be on the same beam, still couldn't complete a speedtest. Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the help

Distinguished Professor IV

@BJager

I know you were asking Liz, but the radio on the dish is the part on the end of the arm that looks back at the dish.  I believe the return kit comes with instructions on what to include, and maybe even how to take the radio off of the dish, but the following PDF will also give you an idea of which part the radio is and how to take it off.  Smiley Happy 

http://support.hughesnet.com/sites/support.hughesnet.com/files/inline-files/1041328-0001_a.pdf

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

Thanks man, that is fine you answered! Appreciate you to man Smiley Happy

New Poster

I have been having exact same issues with my latency jumping up ( in my case at times to above 14k ms ). This in fact started in the fall of 2017. You mentioned you found another option that is working better. Can you let me know what that option is? Thank you.

Distinguished Professor IV

@Bubbalicious

If you'd like help addressing the latency issue, please start a new topic, which you can do here... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit