Latency issues Gen 4 Sat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJager
Junior

Latency issues Gen 4 Sat

My original post disappeared, I'm sorry if it reappears I just really want this to be seen:

Hi all, having issues with my satellite. I am still on Gen4, 2 year contract just recently ended in October,roundabout, and service has been as good as you can expect out of satellite internet but just at or around a month ago our internet has just been unusable, you can tell by the data usage still being at 75% being this close to reset date lol. There's just too much going on to really troubleshoot it much. I am in Texas on Beam 52, EchoStar-XVII if that's of any help. I have taken notice to another post on this board of someone having very similiar problems as I am: (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Insane-latency-over-the-last-week/td-p/88932/page/5 ) There on page 5 his issues are "temporarily" fixed if he is on the hughesnet phone, same as me. I have tried testing the gateway through the modem, latency there looks as it should be.. But otherwise like my teamspeak is spiking at 1k-5k latency, I cut in and out, can take 45 seconds for them to hear the words "What's up" and according to them I even have alien-like sounds transmitting when I try to speak, but if I pick the phone up and call my cellphone and leave it running everything is back to normal, soon as I hang up it's over with. I've even tried bypassing the phone box that goes inline with modem and router still nothing.
Web browsing is almost non existent in most cases, I have atleast managed to browse here to make this post though. In the past I have had 2 brand new routers mysteriously go bad while being hooked up to Hughesnet, so I tried another new router, to no improvement because unfortunately im too far from the box have to use wi-fi (in the past would fix problem).

I have ran speedtests, but for the most part they aren't showing anything wrong, It seems like the speedtests scare my internet into working. But I have noticed a few hangups while attempting them. The only thing I have tried that seemed to work but I haven't actually got to fully test it out was being plugged directly into the modem on my laptop, it did seem to work normal then, but for the rest of the devices in the house I just don't have that option to use wire. I have a testmy.net account ready to go and willing to follow instructions on anything to hopefully better improving this because as I said for past month it really is unusable, and it is hard to keep track of everything I've done to troubleshoot my problem so please bear with me, I'm sure this post is jumbled up I appologize, just know I tried and thank you for any input you may have Smiley Happy

PS. I'd like to note that late one night I did call Hughesnet, spoke with a Rep and they were saying everything was ok on their end from what they could see, even offered Gen5. lol. But we were going to do some speed tests but I was actually on the hughesphone when I forgot and unplugged the phone to get ready for a direct wire.. I decided to call it a night after that was so frustrating

*EDIT* http://testmy.net/quickstats/Brant%20Jager are the results of my 25 mb speedtests spaced atleast 5 mins apart plugged directly to the modem.  In my opinion, nothing seems wrong in the speed tests unless there's something in the middle I'm not trained to see Smiley Happy  I also tried doing what I normally do on the laptop inbetween the tests to see if actually being wired in had any help on the latency and sadly not. I'm out of ideas please if I need to do any different tests, or do them at different time slot let me know. Anything to get a light at the end of the tunnel Smiley Happy Also to add, I have to use my mobile hotspot 99% of the time to do anything and there's no issues connecting to it via Wi-Fi, all good latency so surely my adapter isn't gone out.

77 REPLIES 77