El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Latest Spam "HughesNet" Phishing Attempt

This one came in this morning (links disabled). Delete it:

Start enjoying your new speed now.
My Account  |  View Online

MyHughesNet

Important Information about your account

We regret to inform you that your Internet access and your mobile service subscription is not paid following the refusal of the withdrawal of this month by your bank.

We invite you to regularize your bill by clicking on the button below to avoid the loss of your mobile line.

Pay Your Bill

Forgot Password?

My Account

Apps

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

YouTube

Contact Us    |    Privacy Policy

This is a service-related email. MyHughesNet will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us,
please visit our website here.

MyHughesNet respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Speed increase applies to Performance Pro Internet (downloads) only. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Does not apply to Price for Life, AOL and, EarthLink customers. MyHughesNet WiFi is included with MyHughesNet Performance Plus Internet and above only. Available in select areas. Requires WiFi-enabled mobile device.

© 2018 MyHughesNet. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

MyHughesNet Cable, One MyHughesNet Center
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Email Communications

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
7 REPLIES 7
MarkJFine
Professor

"regularize" Not awkward language at all.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Also:

• "...following the refusal of the withdrawal of this month by your bank."
  • "...mobile line."

Some real "tortured" language there...

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Thanks for the heads up, Alan!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Regularize your bill...sure, that's very common usage in some parts of the world.  LOL

I like this: 

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas.

@MarkJFinewrote:

"regularize" Not awkward language at all.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm going to make sure to contact MyHughesNet Cable One, as I want my bill regularized!  After all, there's nothing like a regularized bill.  😛 

These people are getting hilarious, but I'll once again warn my folks.  They're the type that might fall for something like this, unfortunately, though I think they would probably call me and ask about it, first.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Fiber One helps to "regularize" my account when needed. Also there have been months I'd like to been able to withdraw.

Jeez these people would be hilarious except for the unsuspecting people who click on email links before thinking. As a rule never click on links in emails, go to the legitimate billing/invoice site and sign in as you normally would.

Two 3oz cups of Starbucks House Blend helps me regularize regularly.

Of course there's also mile 3 or 4 of a 10k, when I'm trying to accelerate up a hill... that seems to work too.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.