cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the truth be told!

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Let the truth be told!

These are your options for tracking usage:

Entering 192.168.0.1 will open the Modems internal SCC (System Control Center)

Logging in to the dashboard at http://my.hughesnet.com/

A "history" is available for both upload & download also on the dashboard:

Download

Upload

A link is available also on the dashboard to download the Download Status Meter that after downloading and installing will run in the computers notification area at the computers bottom right:

A unsupported "hourly history page" can be found buy going here:

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/select_modem.html

and then selecting your modem type (HT1000/1100, HN9000 or in rare cases HN7000s)

Entering your SAN (found at the top of the modems SCC main page) including the capitalized letters DSS (enter site ID for HN7000s) and selecting a date range:

Simply put, there are many ways to check usage.

Honorary Alumnus

Hey Charles, you beat me to it !

Thank you wildcats for the great info that I had no clue was available. I've already checked out several of these and have found them to be very informative. I feel as though I have more control over my usage now. I will also check into auto updates on my computer and the Facebook settings that you mentioned. I have an anti virus program installed on my computer and do not need the one you mentioned that I'm paying for nor do I need advanced repair. How do I go about getting rid of both items? Thank you for your very valuable feedback. It is truly appreciated.

You could do a live chat with HughesNet or call support to have them remove the charges. Or an official rep here could probably do it. See if Chris comments back tomorrow if you want to wait.

I don't have either. And not sure if there is a place you can do to cancel them on your own.
Honorary Alumnus

You could log into your dashboard, on the support center tab, look down under the heading of Priemum Services.
There you will see and will be able to change the "status" of those services.
It will not however provide you with any credit you may be due for having these services started and charged to your account without your knowledge or understanding.
The Forum Mods can make those adjustments if the case calls for it.
Chat and phone support, not being associated with Hughesnet headquarters as are the Forum Mods, will not be able to provide any credits.

Thanks Gwalk900.  I'm happy to finally be getter some positive results. I think I may stick it out with Hughes.  I am grateful for your assistance.  I will follow your lead. Smiley Happy

Sorry, meant to say "finally be getting"
Honorary Alumnus

Wanted you to know that the Forum Mods staff the Community Monday thru Friday from about 9 am to 5 pm or so eastern time so it will be in the morning at the soonest before they read to and respond to the overnight "traffic".
Alum

Hi roseann,

Are you speaking of Glasswire. The download itself is 19.4 MB. It's a relatively small download and it should be easy to install. PC security essentials and zone alarm can be managed at http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com. All of your premium services should be listed closer to the bottom of the page. From there you can add or remove any service listed. I hope this helps.

- Chris