Letter & Phone Call From HN Promising A Fix For Our Slow Speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Letter & Phone Call From HN Promising A Fix For Our Slow Speeds

Got this letter yesterday and then an automated phone call a few minutes ago saying the same thing.  Do we have any idea when this will  happen?  Anyone else get the email?  I'm still moving at the speed of a 100 year old turtle!  These speeds are from the last 11 days, with the top speed being tested yesterday

Capture.JPG

This is an update to your Customer Care escalation. Hughes engineers are actively setting up processes to open new capacity in several Gen5 regions. This expansion will optimize performance across the entire network. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated. As a courtesy we are providing a 3 month credit to your HughesNet account in the amount of $20.00 each month.

We appreciate your continued patience as we work to improve your HughesNet experience.

Sincerely,

HughesNet Customer Care

5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Hi Monica,

Thank you for posting. You'll see we're working to keep in communication with you during the repair process for escalated cases.  Stay tuned for further updates via email, telephone and online here in the community.

~Amanda

Thank you Amanda.  Keeping the lines of communication open is very important and goes a long way in keeping the customer's spirits up and having hope a solution/fix is on the way.  I got a call today from upper level tech support asking how my speeds were today.  At 5am this morning, I did sevreal speed tests.  They were all in the mid to upper 40Mbps!  I did three tests when the tech agent call called.  Tests were run between 2:50 and 3:30pm.  They ranged from 22 to 36Mbps.  Much MUCH better!!!  I'll be looking forward to further updates via email, telephone and online here in the community.

Thanks again Amanda!

Glad you have got a better service, for now.

I recently downgraded our service to 20GB from 30GB.  The speed is fine and fast in the early morning, but when the service is really needed in the evening, we are always at around 1Mbps and less.  Funny how the upload speed never changes and is always around 3Mbps.   It made no difference to our actual evening speed when we'd exhausted all our data last month and were supposedly speed capped.  So why bother paying for something you don't get?!   We use the Playon app to schedule and download movies/videos overnight and fully utilize the 50GB.

I remember the WildBlue days back in 2010. Speeds really sucked and forget any Youtube watching!  Today, HughesNet Gen 5 would be a useful and acceptable, if still a pricey, rural internet provider if it actually delivered on its speed promise.

Re: Letter & Phone Call From HN Promising A Fix For Our Slow Speeds (HughesNet Community Subscription Update)

Hello Amanda, I am writing to let you know that my service was GREAT till about 4 days ago.  I believe it was right before I got the note from you that I would be kept up to date about upgrades and improvements that my horrible download speeds shot back up to where they were when I signed up for the service in April of 2017.  Now they are atrocious again  😞  My lowest was about 700kbps.  Here is a screen shot of my testmy.net speeds.  You can see when things took a nose dive.  I’ve TRIED to run more test but my service was too slow.  One test  took over 5 minutes to perform.  You Tube won’t play and my smart home devices are very very slow to respond.  I can’t stream music on my Google Home (so now I have two services I'm paying for and can't or can barely use)  nor can I call out on them.  Everything has been perfect for a little over 3 weeks and now I’m back to being unable to anything but basic surfing and that’s slower as well.  I was getting 40+Mbps even during prime time.  So I KNOW I can get these speeds.  If you would please see what can be done, I’d really appreciate it.  Looks like it started on Feb 6.
I've been trying for over an hour to watch a 9 1/2 minute You Tube video.  I'm not even at the half way point.  
Monica
oops, just tried to open testmy to take a screen shot and I can’t even open the page.  Took 2 tries and a couple of minutes to get to the results page. 
One more test. Tonight, 9:35pm.  I’ve bypassed the router...HN8.jpg

Not sure who to thank Amanda, the person who read my email at customer care or you, but d/l numbers are back up!

Hoping they can stay that way 🙂

Here are today's testmy numbers starting at about 4:30pm Texas time to 8:30pm.  Thanks so much!

HN9.JPG