cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lie About Service

Lie About Service

Do NOT buy this unless absolute must! You are NOT able to use the Internet for times they give you per gb. And, the speed they slow you to when gb used up is NOT sufficient for checking email. You essentially have no internet. I gave up an awesome package for this! The first week I had to increase my plan all the way to 129.99 per month and now I am buying tokens with half a month left. I am calling the States Attorney about this. You cannot talk to these people.
9 REPLIES 9
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Lie About Service

I have to ask, if your former package was so awesome, why did you switch to a data capped service on a platform (satellite) with limited thruput ?

You have three separate usage meters and four different ways to view usage history, why were you not able to pace your rate of usage to stay within your monthly data limits ?

It's really not the issue why I switched. The issue is fraudulent claims by Hughes net about how much can be done with certain amt of GB's. I read this carefully, and it is absolutely not true. And since I am usually asleep from 2am until 6or 7, those GB do little good, but I have tried. And mam, or sir, I should not be having to "pace" my internet usage if your claims were true. A little defensive aren't you? Can no one in this company look at these message boards and see there is a BIG problem. I have copied all of the claims of service on the site and anything else pertinent. I will be forwarding a formal complaint to the Attorney Generals office for fraud on your part. I'm sure this thread will be closed now, as are all others very quickly. I do not wish to speak to anyone at Hughes Net as you are all trained to say the same thing, over and over. Even your supervisors. There is a big wall between consumers and any true management. I will be requesting all of my funds returned and immediate pickup of the equipment. Really, thanks for a truly useless reply.
Associate Professor

1:  Gwalk900, nor do I work for Hughesnet - ONLY the people that have Employee by their name, with a Green box around their picture work for Hughesnet.
2: If you have in fact contacted your GA, then the complaint will be handled by the proper department at Hughesnet.
3: Data is data, it's the same no matter who the provider is, when you signed up for service, and went to the $130 service plan, you agreed you would get 20GB worth in data for daytime use for a month, and 50GB of data for nights.
4: Have a smartphone?  Because if you do, then you are familiar with data allowances already IMO.
5: You came here and made a post in a Hughesnet operated community forum, where you could have received help in understanding your service, and insulted a member that asked a legitimate question. Why did you switch to something with a limited data cap?  Hughes doesn't sell service based upon speeds, they sell service based upon data allowance (and in some cases speeds).

Since you do not feel like talking to anyone at Hughesnet at this point, then well... Not sure what to tell ya.
Alum

Hi glm,

We'd love to help but if you do not wish to speak to any Hughes Net employee's we'll just go ahead and close this thread at your request.

Thank you,
Chris

I completely understand data and its use and my "service". And yes, I have an iPhone. After talking with folks at my phone com. AND Hughes net prior to install, it was determined it was a good way to go. And there are limited data caps with just about any plan. The reason I am not going to talk with Hughes net is all I hear is, yes, but you have 50gb from 2-8. There is no real help, you know this, so please don't insult me. Just look at your comment board! Are all of these people stupid? How can you advertise how many movies, internet browsing etc that is expected to fit within a data plan when there is no way it works? Have you tried it? And Chris, please close my account immediately and refund the tokens I bought earlier. They aren't showing up on my side anyway. And you are closing the thread to et rid of it. I didn't request it, I said YOU would, which you have. I truly don't know how you are still in business.
Assistant Professor

Thread was not closed, Chris said he would close it at your request. I stream Netflix at low definition just fine. A person with 10 GB Anytime data should be able to stream 25+ hours of Netflix a month when set to SD or low playback. Same with any service that allows setting the definition of the streaming.
Associate Professor

Chris did not say he would cancel your account, please call the support line at 866-347-3292 to request cancellation, tokens are not refundable, and please remember to return your transmitter on the dish, and the modem.

I have this same issue.  My kids only use the internet for their school issued I-pads and they can't even get logged in half the time.  It's ridiculous.  I have never seen such sucky service.  I switched and it's a LOT better for half the money I was spending with Hughesnet and it's unlimited!!    I was just online speaking to a rep and she left the conversation.  I will NEVER suggest this to anyone.
Alum

Hi glm,

We can keep this thread open if you would like to receive help. Or if just to rant. We have plenty of subscribers who are happy with their service and have learned to work to make the best out of it. When it comes to a data cap you just have to monitor and take responsibility for the data you use. Of all the posts you speak of on this community this only represents a small percentage of our customers. In addition as you can see we as reps, champions, and awesome community members always offer advice to all posts and many have found their issues resolved typically by finding something within their network that is eating through data allowance. 

What you can do is provide us with an explanation of your network set up. Number of household members and devices. With this we'll be able to recommend steps to facilitate your satisfaction. If you would just like to cancel you can call our 24/7 support number provided to your by Charles.

Thank you,
Chris