cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to about features of plan by sales person

Freshman

Lied to about features of plan by sales person

Called hughesnet after my wildblue stopped working and after talking to Sales rep about various plans he sold me the prime plan which he promised had the feature "Smart Browsing" so I could still view web pages,emails and facebook without slow downs but after it was installed today I had to call customer service about an issue with my payment information and I was informed my plan did not have smart browsing that only the Max plan does..... 
15 REPLIES 15
Alum

Re: Lied to about features of plan by sales person

Hi ryankkinney,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this and we can certainly request a sales call to review what was said. If the sales agent was misleading or misrepresented the service you may have recourse. I was able to pull up your account using your profile information and I do see that in your area only the Max plan has smart browsing available. As Bill mentioned it is not available everywhere. The sales agent should have seen this and if he/she misinformed you we will see what we can do for you. Once I hear back I will update you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Chris
Freshman

I was misinformed and was promised "smart browsing" by the sales agent on the plan he was selling me. I would not have gotten this service without that feature Otherwise.

Ryan, that's just the first.  Just wait...you'll be lied to by HughesNet for the next two years...
Alum

Hi Ryan,

We did receive your sales call review results and found that your sales rep did assure you smart browsing was a feature with the package you signed up for. That sales rep will be coached so that this does not happen again with other potential subscribers. I'm sorry this happened and we can certainly let you out of your contract without penalty due to the circumstances. Please let me know if you would like to cancel so we can start the process. 

Thank you,
Chris

I have also been lied to about features of my plan, when speaking to my sales rep he assured me that I would not have any trouble online gaming on my ps4 and pc, but after having an avg of 500kbps down for the first 3 days of service I looked at this website and behold right there in your FAQs- realtime online gaming not supported. I was lied to and mislead by your sales rep I would like my service cancelled please help.
Highlighted
Freshman

Is there any way of possibly upgrading me to the next package (15GB anytime) for the same price I am paying now? I think that would be a fair and would allow both of us to continue doing business with each other.
Alum

Hi Ryan,

Due to the circumstances, yes we can offer you a discount on the next package as you requested. We appreciate you sticking with us and allowing us to work to resolve your concerns. You should receive email notifications whenever I make the change. I will also post back here as well.

Thank you,
Chris 
Alum

Hi Ryan,

The changes have been made and you will see this reflected on your next bill. FYI, your discount can only be applied for a maximum of 12 months however I left a note in my case so that in the future, all you will have to do is call in to our support number to have your discount reapplied for the remainder of your contract. So in July of 2016. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we worked to address your concerns. If you any other questions please let me know and I will be glad to assist. 

Thank you,
Chris

It's called an upscale for a reason. Get ready to pay up the ying yang!