cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liers lies all lies

Highlighted

Liers lies all lies

Worst everi keep seeing that employess say they have all these satisfied customers but all i see is complaints and it must be common pratice to forget to mention the data cap s and ok for sales reps to lie to people about the service gonna do what thr persons says there looking for because i see that complaint all over this site my recommendation call the better business Bureau and complain its illegal doing what hughes net does...
61 REPLIES 61
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Liers lies all lies

Yes, there are caps on a data capped service.

Do you know anything about two way satellite communications ?

Do you know that Hughes has over 1.4 million residential customers ?

Do you know that Hughes provides high speed internet services to those areas that otherwise would not have that option ?

Do you know that my "up to" 15Mbps service routinely gives me 18-20 Mbps ?

Do you know that the BBB has no enforcement ability but only exists to open a dialog between a consumer and a company ?

Can you describe just what Hughes is doing that you feel is illegal ?
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Hughesnet as yet does not meet the legal deffinition of "broadband", that having been defined as 25Mbps and greater.
While Hughes has another sat launch on the horizon it stiil will not allow Hughes to compete with ground based systems.

Those ground based systems that you think so highly of took it upon themselves not to service your area because you don't meet their "profit model" despite a much lower cost basis.

As to advertising and salesmen ...... what is the matter with folks today that they do not do due dilligence ? ....... want to buy a bridge ?
Let's use some common sense here !
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

No mention of data caps?  What did you think you were choosing between when you chose a plan? 

I would suggest that you post your modem serial number.  A rep can pull your sales call and listen to exactly what was discussed.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

We shall see.  I'm not saying that this is what's going on here, but sometimes when people complain like this and it's mentioned that the reps can pull the sales call and listen, it gets very quiet.  Not always, but sometimes.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Definitely.  As we on here have all seen and read, the sales reps aren't exactly the bastion of information when it comes to the capabilities of the system, and they sometimes do say things that aren't true.  When this happens, and the people later complain, they are normally allowed to either cancel their contracts without repercussion, or are offered a discount.  The sales reps definitely need to improve. 

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

You buy a plan with a set amount of data. How is that not explaining data caps? I do worry about our country sometimes and lack of knowledge by the average consumer.

Even if sales person said 1000 GB  plan, that is a cap.

http://www.cableone.net/Docs/datacalculator.html
Highlighted

I don't necessarily agree with your last sentence, but one thing is definitely true...when buying a product, do your own research.  Nobody buys a TV without first researching it.  The same with a cell phone.  People should do the same with an ISP.  Unfortunately, so many people seem to forget that. 

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

File sizes are not a big secret. A streamed movie is a file in the end. HD = very large, SD = not so large.

Again, I worry about our "high tech" consumers these days. Many have no clue.
Highlighted

What I don't agree with is your idea that they are deliberately lying to people because they can.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.