cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liers lies all lies

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Liers lies all lies

The LYING S O B that sold me this crap is the one responsible, I VERY INFATTINGLY explained what we were going to USE the system for! He said it WOULD do what we needed, well after calling many times as I said I cancelled They have charged me the $400.00 early termination fee even though we used it for LESS THAN 30 DAYS, cover your arses if you use this scam service, they are making a living by CHARGING EARLY TERMINATION>>>>>>>NOT THE SERVICE... I am 73 Years old I was told to GO UP ON THE ROOF and remove the RADIO.......I only pray that the executives who run this scam operation go to lunch with my $400.00 and CHOKE, you know the rest. There are no excuses for LYING SALES PEOPLE...the problems START AT THE TOP...............R.I.P HUGHNET.

Highlighted
Associate Professor
Highlighted
Observer

So that makes it OK to exploit them? Sales reps should educate consumers, not screw them.

Highlighted
Observer

I'm getting 0.91Mbps Download and 0.20 Mbps Upload. This is 2017 folks! This sales rep made falsley represented this service. Customer service is horrible! I want out and I want out bad. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@seth237

You should start a new post to address your speed issues.  You can do by going into the Tech Support section, the clicking on the "Start a topic" button on the upper right.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Observer

Getting a new ISP would be better for my health!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@seth237 wrote:

Getting a new ISP would be better for my health!

It's ultimately up to you.

With that said, I can tell you that this Community is the best place to get help with your speed issues.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

I'm new to HughesNet and totally agree with you.  I've been treated miserably by tech support.  I called twice so far.  First time on the phone for 2 hours and hung up on 4 times.  Two days later I was on the phone 4 hours and hung up on 7 times.  I was told an engineer would call.....he didn't.  My service is worse than dial up and DSL. I have an appointment  to see what my options are.  I will report to the Better Business Bureau, I letter to the home office, and a report to the Office Consumer Protection Division.  All I want is what I paid for speeds faster than DSL and dial up so I can Skype, stream and upload photos.  At this point HughesNet is not providing this and I either want what I paid for or out of the contract without termination fee since I have not received the service I paid for.  My download speeds run around 3 Mbsp and upload .3-1 worse than DSL.  

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

@gw2

Your system seems to be running well enough to "spam" the posts of others with rant type posts that neither contribute to the topic nor provide any concrete details that pertain to your present issue:

"I will report to the Better Business Bureau"

To what end? The Better Business Bureau has no "enforcement powers", they only exist to open a dialog between a company and consumers that feel they have an issue. Something that Hughes does as a matter of course.

" I letter to the home office"

The Moderators on this forum are employees at the corporate level.

"and a report to the Office Consumer Protection Division."

Why would you take this approach to what is really a "tech" problem?

I suggest you take the following steps:

> Rather than reply within the posts of other users that you start a new topic of your own so that our efforts can focus on your issues<

> In that post provide details about your system<

Modem type

Plan level

Connection type (wired/wireless)

Personal Router? (provide brand and model)

Number of devices connected

Operating Systems of these devices.

Where and how are you taking these speed tests?

Test size?

Test conditions?

Highlighted
Freshman

@gw2 wrote:

I'm new to HughesNet and totally agree with you.  I've been treated miserably by tech support.  I called twice so far.  First time on the phone for 2 hours and hung up on 4 times.  Two days later I was on the phone 4 hours and hung up on 7 times.  I was told an engineer would call.....he didn't.  My service is worse than dial up and DSL. I have an appointment  to see what my options are.  I will report to the Better Business Bureau, I letter to the home office, and a report to the Office Consumer Protection Division.  All I want is what I paid for speeds faster than DSL and dial up so I can Skype, stream and upload photos.  At this point HughesNet is not providing this and I either want what I paid for or out of the contract without termination fee since I have not received the service I paid for.  My download speeds run around 3 Mbsp and upload .3-1 worse than DSL.  

I have had the service for four months and for THREE of those, 33.5 actually, I have recieved the same treatment. Hung up on, dropped calls, told I would recieve call back, or email, or reviewed account et al, and NEVER once has anyo f those been honored. If I had been informed of the downside to satilite, i.e. metered service and slower than dialup after two weeks, and LAG/latency(30-45 sec each way) I would have NOT agreed to the service, And50% more charge than I was told by DTV who brokered the deal.

I agree with the moderator that this is NOT the proper place for a RANT, but when the other formats IGNORE the pleas and emails can NOT be delivered due to TIMEOUTS on thier Homepage, this forum is the result of FRUSTRATED and cheated consumers that can NOT trust the promises of Suits andd thier respective lawyers. FYI, BetterB is privately held organization that takes complaints in order to extort money from clients and perspective members, according to an ex-employee/Mgr. ATT that ownes DTV, HughesNet, and DIsh, et al, are too big to fail and there-by are usually exempt from regulations that pertain to  smaller business. What is an Old Man to do, but seek audience where at least we get feedback in form of critisim. HN does not even do that. Takes so long to get translated from Phillapines, etc. Good luck with that.. fourty years in public service, and still getting "screwed"